Main Menu

5th gen species discussion

Started by bluaki, September 16, 2010, 02:34:30 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Cornwad

DededeCloneChris

Quote from: Cornwad on November 22, 2010, 05:56:19 PM
Because Unofa looks bad.
Then that little anagram makes almost no sense.

Here's something that sounds like it makes more sense from another user.

Un - the first from that particular area.
Nova - could reference how it's 'new' and 'bright' compared to the previous regions. Technology is supposed to be more advanced.

Cornwad

Quote from: AuraChannelerChris on November 22, 2010, 06:00:50 PM
Then that little anagram makes almost no sense.

Here's something that sounds like it makes more sense from another user.

Un - the first from that particular area.
Nova - could reference how it's 'new' and 'bright' compared to the previous regions. Technology is supposed to be more advanced.
But its set in America, so it makes perfect sense.

Kayo

WHAT. They kept all the region names the same, at least phonetically, until now. Unova? LAME. Although Unova isn't as bad as I expected.

Starter names. I HATE THEM. OH MY GOD SO MUCH. EVEN MORE THAN THE 4TH GEN STARTER NAMES except for Turtwig. which is alright as long as I don't say it out loud.

Snivy: I'd rather use that to describe the glob that comes out your nose when you sneeze sometimes. And just for prediction fun, I would laugh if one of it's evolutions was named something silly like Serplant. But Smugleaf will always be Smugleaf to me.
Tepig: Teh pig? What. I was really hoping for Pignite or Pignition. The second form should be Pignite/Pignition, and the final form should keep Emboar.
Oshawott: Wha- er, Wott? This is the only one I can stand in the least, just because i can't place the meaning. As long as it's pronounced "OH-sha-wott" not "AHH-sha-wott"

Once the second and third forms are released I will rage. Saving it until then.
I really hate how I've made more than 12,000 posts here. Thankfully this swaying, moving Chandelure makes it all worth it.
[move][/move]

Neerb

Snivey: combination of "Snake" and "Ivy." I like it; I knew we'd never get smugleaf, and this is a fairly good pun name. And I've totally been wanting an evolution to be "Serplant" since we first saw these starters.

Tepig: combination of "Tepid" (luke-warm) and "Pig." It's no porkroast, but I'm starting to like it, and it's certainly one of the more clever full-english pun names.

Oshawott: combination of... something. I looked it up on Dictionary.com, and apparently "Oshawa" is a Canadian city that just happens to reside on a lake, so... yeah, unless they're referring to that specifically, all I can tell is that "ott" is from "Otter." This name is bothering me the most, especially since this is the starter that I'm going to get, because not only can I not tell what it means, but it's also kind of a mouthful. Hm... maybe "Osha" refers to the "Ocean," pronounced the same but spelled differently.

Cornwad

I think we'll know what it is once we hear how it's pronounced. If it's Awshawott it would be the Canada place, but if its Ohshawott I think its ocean.

Mystic

I like the new names. I'm still going to thing of Snivy as Smugleaf probably though.

Neerb

Kayo

Quote from: Neerb on November 23, 2010, 09:51:04 AM
Snivey: combination of "Snake" and "Ivy." I like it; I knew we'd never get smugleaf, and this is a fairly good pun name. And I've totally been wanting an evolution to be "Serplant" since we first saw these starters.
I called Serplant. A long time ago. CALLED IT.
I really hate how I've made more than 12,000 posts here. Thankfully this swaying, moving Chandelure makes it all worth it.
[move][/move]

Zero

Quote from: AuraChannelerChris on November 22, 2010, 05:55:13 PM
So, mind explaining the "V" thrown in there?

lol way to derp it up bro

The V references the actual region name.

Either way, both suggestions you guys provided are pure conjecture. At least Cornwad's makes sense though. Yours is just you trying too hard.

Kayo

Quote from: Cornwad on November 23, 2010, 12:48:02 PM
I think we'll know what it is once we hear how it's pronounced. If it's Awshawott it would be the Canada place, but if its Ohshawott I think its ocean.
I'm leaning toward OH-shawott. They probably changed the spelling of Ocean because Oceawott really doesn't look like "OH-shawott" but more like "OH-see-uh-wott" or "AH-kee-uh-wott" or some combination of the two. If that made sense. I don't know how to explain it better.

I don't think they've ever named a pokemon after a place (as far as I know) but hey, they might still surprise me.
[move][/move]

Magnum

After playing White for a while, I gotta say these guys are growing on me.

Gear is still retarded as hell.

Oh Vesperia, never change... never change

Neerb

Quote from: Magnum on December 05, 2010, 07:51:27 PM
After playing White for a while, I gotta say these guys are growing on me.

Gear is still retarded as hell.

He's called "Klink" now!  :P

Hm... I don't know why, but I've recently become more interested in Voltolos, the electro-genie. Perhaps he may replace my Zapdos when my old team gets transferred to Black... he would be better offensively, but I'd lose my light screen. Plus, Zapdos might just look cooler. Thoughts, anyone?

Kayo

Quote from: Neerb on December 29, 2010, 10:14:06 AM
He's called "Klink" now!  :P

Hm... I don't know why, but I've recently become more interested in Voltolos, the electro-genie. Perhaps he may replace my Zapdos when my old team gets transferred to Black... he would be better offensively, but I'd lose my light screen. Plus, Zapdos might just look cooler. Thoughts, anyone?
http://pokemon.marriland.com/black_white/pokedex/voltolos/
Voltolos's cry is awesome.
[move][/move]