News:

Change is coming. HOPE CHANGE UNITY

Main Menu

This is hands down the best review of Metroid Fusion ever.

Started by SkyMyl, August 08, 2010, 09:44:08 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

SkyMyl

Johnny is about to make you his ninny. Suck it down.

To give this thread a semblance of purpose, what do you guys think of Metroid Fusion? If it's the sequel to Super Metroid, a game now hailed as one of the greatest games of all time, how well do you think it holds up to the genre-defining game before it? By comparison, do you think it's a failure, or do you think it holds up rather well?

Zero

People care too much about linearity these days. I seldom heard the word from anyone until after Final Fantasy XIII was released. I'm actually writing a piece about the subject. It'll be over on Area 6. Anyway...

Metroid Fusion is a good game and anyone that thinks otherwise yet likes Metroid is just being far too critical/biased to see how great the first Metroid game that actually told a story is.

Rayquarian

I never played Super Metroid, but Metroid Fusion is one of the funner games I've played.

ThePowerOfOne

That guy talks really fast, even by my standards 0_o

I thought it was a good review. I mean, I don't really ever watch/read any reviews, so I don't really know what a bad review is anyway D:   Fusion is one of my favorite Metroid games ever. I just like Super Metroid, I don't love it. I honestly think Fusion is better. And, like that guy, I love the sound of the missiles hitting enemies too ^__^

Kaz

Funny, I just replayed Fusion like a week ago. It's an amazing game in every way, even if it's not quite as amazing as Super Metroid.

9.5 out of 10 is an accurate score. I liked the review. Only two Metroid games deserve better scores in my opinion: Super and Prime.
Quote<+Mithos> My mom grounded me for being gay.

Custom

Quote from: Viewtifulboy on March 11, 2013, 07:28:20 AM
Good job! I, Viewtifulboy, declare you the CHAMPION!

I'm the official winner of the Viewtiful Victory roleplay championship!

Homewrecker

Meh, anybody that hates it just does because it isn't a total rehash of Super Metroid. Which is bizarre, since a game that followed the old formula down to a T came out at the exact same time as this.  I've never seen any complaints of the game that didn't regard A) the linearity of it (which while yes, it is more linear, it still isn't completely linear) and B) how you acquire power ups (though for the majority of them, you get in an incredibly similar way to the old games and it's very few that actually require authorization to use).

It definitely takes a hit in replay value, but it makes up for it with an intriguing and at times even creepier atmosphere than the other ones, as well as a pretty strong storyline in a series not known for direct and upfront storytelling.