News:

<+Clu> im 100% nigga

Main Menu

Finals

Started by Allegory, May 25, 2010, 03:11:08 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Allegory

I F-ing hate finals. They waste time that I could be sleeping in or doing something to completely ruin my life with. Plus they don't help me at all. What are some thought on finals?

L10

My math teacher doesn't have enough time to give us a final before the Regents, let along teach us everything we need to know before the Regents.

I doubt I'll have any "finals" because we get so many Regents junior year.
0o!f

Night the Lucario

*glances around*
*erects flamewall*
I love Finals. At my school, the finals are the largest test of the school year, often close to two hundred questions. I love tests, the longer the better.
*dodges bullets*
When one lives by the pen, one dies by the angry characters you misused. But it's too much fun not to!
Forsooth, I AM insane! FEAR ME, YE MORTALS, OR DESPAIR AT MY INSANITY! *insane cackling*
Ahem. Anyone have an RP? I need an outlet for my randomness. ;D
Think another thought, dream another dream, live another lie.
I'm writing poetry. Anyone have a request?
I'm Night the Lucario. Although that should be obvious. Just look at the sig. Or title and PT.

Keeta

lol I only need to take 1 test--physics

those newtonion mechanics have some tricky "muldibuhcation" though!
Majora's Mask Single Segment: 2:04

Other things to brag about: none

MoS

I don't know what I would do without finals, I don't think I ever turned in a piece of homework in highschool. I just aced all my tests, quizzes and projects. Finals were some huge amount of our final grade, so all of that more than made up for no homework.

If you hate tests, be glad you don't live in NY, usually you have to take a final exam given by your teacher, then you have to go and take a regents exam which is harder and you have to score higher on. Though the kind of diploma you get only really matters here, you go to most any other state they don't even know what a regents diploma is.

Magnum

Quote from: The Offspring on May 25, 2010, 05:58:23 PM
*glances around*
*erects flamewall*
I love Finals. At my school, the finals are the largest test of the school year, often close to two hundred questions. I love tests, the longer the better.
*dodges bullets*
*Takes out specially made 'Flamewall destroyer Bazooka*
^_^

Oh Vesperia, never change... never change

Allegory

Quote from: M҉̨͠O̵͟S̡҉̸͠͏ on May 25, 2010, 06:54:03 PM
I don't know what I would do without finals, I don't think I ever turned in a piece of homework in highschool. I just aced all my tests, quizzes and projects. Finals were some huge amount of our final grade, so all of that more than made up for no homework.

If you hate tests, be glad you don't live in NY, usually you have to take a final exam given by your teacher, then you have to go and take a regents exam which is harder and you have to score higher on. Though the kind of diploma you get only really matters here, you go to most any other state they don't even know what a regents diploma is.

I don't hate tests particularly, I just hate it when we get slammed with 8 tests that are the longest of the year.

Quote from: Magnum on May 25, 2010, 07:52:23 PM
*Takes out specially made 'Flamewall destroyer Bazooka*
^_^

*Takes out lazer and destroys everything within 300 yards*

DededeCloneChris

I just finished my finals, and I'm free and ready for the summer vacations. :D :) :O ;) :| ;) :P =D =O =) surpbot; tasteofhumans; tastyperson; :D ;)

Chris8492

Finished them two weeks ago.

But i had SophX the remaining week.

Summer Vacation is now here!!  :D

EDIT: Sitting through Commencement today was pretty hot out considering the fact i had to run part of the way before i got picked up by one of my friends.

Macawmoses

My finals commence in exactly one week. Shit's real, and it's hard. All of ours are worth 50% in Alberta ;-;

Java

I was exempt from all my final exams.
My school allows you to be exempt from all final exams if you maintain straight A's in a course or if you have an A average in the course by the end of the year.
However, AP Courses are exceptions to the rule. You must take final exams for those courses, and those are always before AP exams, so no big deal.

The Seventh

In a way, it seems silly, but here, it takes up 3 days.  No regular classes to bore myself in.  And gotta love opting out :3

If you plan your opt outs right you can get even a day or two off, so I don't complain too much.
meh

tibar21

intercourse ing hate them. its unreasonable to study everything you did in school for 8 months and refresh on them within a 3 week span.
they always end up bringing my final grade down, its unfair.
Super Smash Bros Brawl FC: 2622-1690-4267
Pokemon Soul Silver FC: 4855-9306-7114
Mario Kart Wii FC: 4898-5017-8746

Macawmoses

Quote from: tibar21 on June 09, 2010, 01:20:25 PM
intercourse ing hate them. its unreasonable to study everything you did in school for 8 months and refresh on them within a 3 week span.
they always end up bringing my final grade down, its unfair.
Technically, you should be studying and reviewing as you go through the course (more so, the course should be building on what you learned starting day 1). For instance, the first thing we did in physics this year was momentum (which built on Physics 20). Our last unit, atomic physics, delves into momentum, as does the stuff on EMR (wave-particle duality and all that jazz). It also gets into EMR, electric fields, etc. So it's a total progression.

Shujinco2

My intercourse ing computer teacher didn't prepare a final, so instead he had us do like 20 HTML projects. It was so tedious and boring!