News:

<+Clu> im 100% nigga

Main Menu

Administrators Address

Started by Macawmoses, April 12, 2010, 10:47:03 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Macawmoses

Salutations Comrades.

In an effort to bridge the gap between the staff and the userbase, we're going to keep doing more and more feedback projects, and keep you up to date on just what is going on in this eclectic world we call NSFCD. The beginning of this is rather...uh...not great. Beyond that, it gets a little happier as we extend our congratulations to a few users. The part dealing with drama will be spoilered. It's not really worth the space, but it needs to be said.

[spoiler]Let's kick it off with talk of the hot topic then: Doodle. As a head's up, he has really been banned for 68 weeks right now. No word of a lie. We decided on 3 weeks per alt (+1 per IRC). Every additional alt beyond the ban - be it from him or a friend, will add to the total. I know this seems harsh, but after calling one of our members a horse toothed n_gger with one of the last alts, we've decided that now should be quality over quantity. To those that left - be it Talim, Sync, Kilroy, whoever...no we're not banning you. Instead, it just proves that you are having difficulty leaving your friends behind. And rightfully so - the very site that has been a refuge for you is getting left in the dust. Nice friends eh?

These users think it is acceptable to call people n_ggers with detail. They think raiding the site is beneficial to it. Frankly, I implore you all to reconsider your stance right now. These users leaving, while saddening, is just another obstacle we will overcome. And frankly, the cannibalism that has been as of late will likely end as a result.

One last point about this - should there be retaliation for this, be it targeting staff, making alts, whatever...it'll just be added to Doodle's ban. NSFCD isn't a serious site, but we want to protect our users who don't deserve poop like that. [/spoiler]

On that note, I'd like to point out I didn't mention Custom. He's left for his own reasons, unrelated to Doodle. If you see him, don't be a ninny like people have been. Custom's a cool kid, and we will very much so miss him.

Moving on, another thing we'll be missing is the Serious Discussion board. It is effectively being retired as of tonight...it'll be off to Mt. Pyre for its proper burial. Replacing it on the board index for a time will be Power Down (to try and further promote it). Semi-serious threads will be accepted in Power On now (or whatever applicable board). It was decided that its current state just wasn't what we were looking for in a Serious Board. A few select threads will be moved out here (and bumped) for further discussion. Otherwise, you may make new discussions for some of these topics.

A more personal note is that the Chat Thread will be restricting the posting of Youtube (and other) videos for convenience sake. If you'd like to leave a link, be our guest. But for the most part, it shouldn't be the discussion of YT Vids. There's an app thread for that. You can post vids in their unadulterated form in there, discuss them like you would in the chat thread, etc. It's really more of an organizational (and load time) request - we won't be punishing people, but we'll be splitting and merging posts.

While we're discussing posting and issues, we may as well remind you of the "Report to Moderator" function. If you see something offensive, degrading, whatever - don't whine about it all over the place. It makes you a blatant target, and frankly, whiny. Instead, click that button, fill in the details, sit back, and relax. If something happens in #nsider, message a staff member you trust who can handle it. I should note, however, that abusing this system is going to cause issues. Just back up what you're saying, and you'll be fine. Mods will use their discretion as to the way to handle the situation.

The TF2 server has come to the end of its life cycle. Due to the high costs and low turnout, we will be shutting it down for the next billing period. We'll be trying to contact some other sites about getting nights going on to continue our TF2 obsession. Currently, the future of the board is in limbo. If you'd like to see it live on, let us know by making threads and continuing to post. It will be up for evaluation upon the cancellation of the server should we not acquire means to keep our nights going.

Furthermore, we'll be going through and purging special ranks in the admin control panel. You likely won't notice this at all, but it's a good thing to let you be in the know about. Anything not in use/earmarked will be removed tomorrow. If you would like to host an event and have a rank as a prize, be sure to drop us a line.

An even more personal note is that the staff voted to officially recognize me as an administrator last night. This won't affect the current state of affairs at all - it merely formalizes my position. Nonetheless, I'll likely continue to flit through whatever rank I see fit to do so. My focus will continue to be on minor site updates. I'll also be adding a unique role of building relations with other sites.

To accommodate my needs, we are further expanding our staff...so to speak. Not really. It's a hybrid staff/special rank, sort of like SIT. We don't have an actual name for it yet, so we'll call it Squirtle Squad for the time. Skymyl and Boredfanboy will be helping us as off site representatives to mutually build relationships with other communities. As Ambassadors, they'll be privy to a few points of interest...but in reality, their goal is to find common ground between sites, get a flow of users going, be welcoming, informative, and propose ideas to foster growth. While we're squeezing work out of BFB and MYL, we'd like to point out that this is also a way to thank them for their commitment to the site. Both have unique personalities. Our Ambassador program is currently in the pilot phase - we are the only site to commit to it at this point, and it is a test for us. We have high hopes with these two stellar users at the helm of it, though.

Finally, Dawei will be returning to the moderator rank simply because SS is being used now. He's been slowly returning to us...so perhaps this will be enticement for him to post. Be sure to bow before him though. In case you didn't know - this makes us the largest staff ever.  So we're firing Silver for breaking the forum last night. (On that note, the forum will be offline in the near future for an upgrade).

Hopefully these changes are none to drastic. We'd again like to thank you for your continued support through these tumultuous times. Please warmly welcome Dawei, BFB, and MYL, too! Gratz all.

-The Staff

Magnum

Congrats to both SkyMYL and Bored!

Also, I like some of these changes. They seem to fit.
And to say the truth, I don't care all that much that Doodle and that gang left/got banned. Doesn't affect me that much.

Oh Vesperia, never change... never change

SkyMyl

I guess this is what welcoming every new user for two years gets ya.
You're going to need an extra hand if you're Staff, even partially.

Magnum

Quote from: SkyMyl on April 12, 2010, 10:58:19 PM
I guess this is what welcoming every new user for two years gets ya.
You're going to need an extra hand if you're Staff, even partially.
Wait, does this mean that Voice is also 'staff'? That is so badass I can't even describe it.

Oh Vesperia, never change... never change

Macawmoses

We only hired him because of Voice.

...̅̅̅

Turok

Quote from: Shakespeare on April 12, 2010, 11:08:35 PM
We only hired him because of Voice.
Coolness +15. Duration: permanent

Congrats all

I thought that the Doodle thing was kinda overreacting until I read this. Good to know.

[spoiler]
QuoteSo is it Capcom JPN or US screwing the PC release over? Both?
QuoteNUKE THEM FROM ORBIT, IT'S THE ONLY WAY TO BE SURE

PC GAMERS

If you don't give us what we want, we'll nuke you from orbit.
[/spoiler]

Mikoyan

Congrats to the Squirtle Squad (which should really be Schutzstaffel imo) for being guinea pigs in the new liaison program and Dawei as a old-but-new mod (does that even make sense). 

I don't even know who these people are I'm such a loner ;___;

Macawmoses

Quote from: Mikoyan on April 12, 2010, 11:46:12 PM
Congrats to the Squirtle Squad (which should really be Schutzstaffel imo) for being guinea pigs in the new liaison program and Dawei as a old-but-new mod (does that even make sense). 

I don't even know who these people are I'm such a loner ;___;
I still love you <3

えっちーせんぱい

Everytime I come here something happens... geeze.

Thirdkoopa

Quote from: えっちーせんぱい on April 13, 2010, 02:18:02 AM
Everytime I come here something happens... geeze.
Heavens forbid that. It must be awful to have a staff who tries to make the site better.

Anyways staff updates are cool, congrats to all four (Really 3) of you especially MYL 50% because of voice and I already know what sites they'll be working on so it'll be interesting to see their progress.
Not really surprised by the board updates.
Serious board was cool but it wasn't really used much and those topics could be posted here anyways. Should just have some way to avoid joking around with some of those.
And doodle deserved it completely. Sad to see custom go but I'm not overly surprised by that either.
[21:11] <mackormoses> let's take a look at today's stats
[21:11] <Rosencrantz> stats today are high
[21:11] <mackormoses> holy intercourse ing poop
[21:11] <Rosencrantz> you adding all these standards
[21:11] <Rosencrantz> is really pushing us [/quote]
Quote from: JrDude φ on May 31, 2010, 08:32:13 PM
3 of my friends smoke weed. Why? Well I asked one time, and this is what they said: "Because I can blow out smoke and it makes me feel like a intercourse ing dragon"

えっちーせんぱい

I meant more drama nonsense between users, don't jump on me.

Thirdkoopa

Quote from: えっちーせんぱい on April 13, 2010, 03:12:31 AM
I meant more drama nonsense between users, don't jump on me.
I'm just kidding. If I was targeting you then trust me, you'd know. Along with the fact your post was pretty unclear anyways but whatever.

But it's not really drama. Just doodle making a poopload of accounts and getting banned for it. Well, at least from what I've experienced on the forums. I've heard different from chat.
[21:11] <mackormoses> let's take a look at today's stats
[21:11] <Rosencrantz> stats today are high
[21:11] <mackormoses> holy intercourse ing poop
[21:11] <Rosencrantz> you adding all these standards
[21:11] <Rosencrantz> is really pushing us [/quote]
Quote from: JrDude φ on May 31, 2010, 08:32:13 PM
3 of my friends smoke weed. Why? Well I asked one time, and this is what they said: "Because I can blow out smoke and it makes me feel like a intercourse ing dragon"

Kayo

Whee, time to dissect a quote. I'll put everything in spoiler boxes to save space.

[spoiler=Doodle]
Quote from: Shakespeare on April 12, 2010, 10:47:03 PM
Let's kick it off with talk of the hot topic then: Doodle. As a head's up, he has really been banned for 68 weeks right now. No word of a lie. We decided on 3 weeks per alt (+1 per IRC). Every additional alt beyond the ban - be it from him or a friend, will add to the total. I know this seems harsh, but after calling one of our members a horse toothed n_gger with one of the last alts, we've decided that now should be quality over quantity. To those that left - be it Talim, Sync, Kilroy, whoever...no we're not banning you. Instead, it just proves that you are having difficulty leaving your friends behind. And rightfully so - the very site that has been a refuge for you is getting left in the dust. Nice friends eh?

These users think it is acceptable to call people n_ggers with detail. They think raiding the site is beneficial to it. Frankly, I implore you all to reconsider your stance right now. These users leaving, while saddening, is just another obstacle we will overcome. And frankly, the cannibalism that has been as of late will likely end as a result.

One last point about this - should there be retaliation for this, be it targeting staff, making alts, whatever...it'll just be added to Doodle's ban. NSFCD isn't a serious site, but we want to protect our users who don't deserve poop like that.
I'll miss Doodle, but I really don't care if he's banned now. I mean, he was asking for it with all the alts. I think it's safe to say we won't be seeing him for a looooong time.[/spoiler]

[spoiler=Custom]
QuoteOn that note, I'd like to point out I didn't mention Custom. He's left for his own reasons, unrelated to Doodle. If you see him, don't be a ninny like people have been. Custom's a cool kid, and we will very much so miss him.
Um, if you want to say that, go ahead. I think him leaving will make NSFCD a better place, but that's just my honest opinion.[/spoiler]

[spoiler=SD]
QuoteMoving on, another thing we'll be missing is the Serious Discussion board. It is effectively being retired as of tonight...it'll be off to Mt. Pyre for its proper burial. Replacing it on the board index for a time will be Power Down (to try and further promote it). Semi-serious threads will be accepted in Power On now (or whatever applicable board). It was decided that its current state just wasn't what we were looking for in a Serious Board. A few select threads will be moved out here (and bumped) for further discussion. Otherwise, you may make new discussions for some of these topics.
Might as well. I never got use out of the SD board anyway.[/spoiler]

[spoiler=Chat Thread]
QuoteA more personal note is that the Chat Thread will be restricting the posting of Youtube (and other) videos for convenience sake. If you'd like to leave a link, be our guest. But for the most part, it shouldn't be the discussion of YT Vids. There's an app thread for that. You can post vids in their unadulterated form in there, discuss them like you would in the chat thread, etc. It's really more of an organizational (and load time) request - we won't be punishing people, but we'll be splitting and merging posts.
GOOD. I don't wanna have to sift through random youtube videos while looking for a conversation in the Chat Thread. Especially when my internet connection is acting up (like it was yesterday), the videos just make the page take a bit longer to load depending on how many are on there. And yes, there's an a- a thread for that.[/spoiler]

[spoiler=Report to Moderator]
QuoteWhile we're discussing posting and issues, we may as well remind you of the "Report to Moderator" function. If you see something offensive, degrading, whatever - don't whine about it all over the place. It makes you a blatant target, and frankly, whiny. Instead, click that button, fill in the details, sit back, and relax. If something happens in #nsider, message a staff member you trust who can handle it. I should note, however, that abusing this system is going to cause issues. Just back up what you're saying, and you'll be fine. Mods will use their discretion as to the way to handle the situation.
You know, users would use this more if they knew the Mods would actually pay attention to these and listen. I avoid them, since it's a small forum (one board-- oh wait. Still, most stuff happens in PO.) and the staff will see it eventually. If you guys pay attention to these reported things, we won't hesitate to use them if need be.[/spoiler]

[spoiler=Squirtle Squad]
QuoteTo accommodate my needs, we are further expanding our staff...so to speak. Not really. It's a hybrid staff/special rank, sort of like SIT. We don't have an actual name for it yet, so we'll call it Squirtle Squad for the time. Skymyl and Boredfanboy will be helping us as off site representatives to mutually build relationships with other communities. As Ambassadors, they'll be privy to a few points of interest...but in reality, their goal is to find common ground between sites, get a flow of users going, be welcoming, informative, and propose ideas to foster growth. While we're squeezing work out of BFB and MYL, we'd like to point out that this is also a way to thank them for their commitment to the site. Both have unique personalities. Our Ambassador program is currently in the pilot phase - we are the only site to commit to it at this point, and it is a test for us. We have high hopes with these two stellar users at the helm of it, though.
No offense to anyone here, but I in no way think this was a good idea. You remember the poop that happened with the SIT rank? No good came from it. Also, does this mean other people can't help out with this? You know, I'm good at negotiating and I would be able to help with that stuff, but hey. Apparently you picked a few 'experts' so let's let THEM do all the work. Fine by me. I personally don't think that will work at all. But, if it does, you have proved me wrong.[/spoiler]

[spoiler=Staff]
QuoteFinally, Dawei will be returning to the moderator rank simply because SS is being used now. He's been slowly returning to us...so perhaps this will be enticement for him to post. Be sure to bow before him though. In case you didn't know - this makes us the largest staff ever.  So we're firing Silver for breaking the forum last night. (On that note, the forum will be offline in the near future for an upgrade).
Largest staff ever. That's what I loathe in a forum, when nearly half of the active members are staff. That just means, everything is tipped in their favor. Something happens between a lowly groundling and a staff member, and instantly, that lowly groundling is banned. If I see this go to half staff, half not, I'm leaving. That's what the SIT did. It left about 5 active members rankless. So yeah, out of all the active members, they were all SIT'd except a few. There was also a problem with users bragging about ranks a long time ago. I do NOT want to see any of that poop at all. Same goes for the SS. Also, I'm getting awfully tired of this "firing Silver" nonsense. That needs to stop as well.[/spoiler]

That being said, I will be watching as all this goes down. I think that something will go wrong. And I'll be waiting for it to happen.
I really hate how I've made more than 12,000 posts here. Thankfully this swaying, moving Chandelure makes it all worth it.
[move][/move]

Silverhawk79

Quote from: Kianglo on April 13, 2010, 03:45:34 AM

No offense to anyone here, but I in no way think this was a good idea. You remember the poop that happened with the SIT rank? No good came from it. Also, does this mean other people can't help out with this? You know, I'm good at negotiating and I would be able to help with that stuff, but hey. Apparently you picked a few 'experts' so let's let THEM do all the work. Fine by me. I personally don't think that will work at all. But, if it does, you have proved me wrong.
Um. What? SIT worked fine. They gave us some very good ideas, and I'm really not sure what you're trying to get at. The only reason SIT fell apart is because people became inactive.