News:

Change is coming. HOPE CHANGE UNITY

Main Menu

AP Courses

Started by Java, March 28, 2010, 07:58:08 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

DSGamer3002

Quote from: Level_9_Chao on May 07, 2010, 08:45:00 PM
I felt MISERABLE after both AP Euro and US, answered maybe half the MCs, essays were mostly BS. I got a 4 on both.

AP tests grade easier than you think; it's not like they hand out grades either, but you'll probably be okay. Don't worry.  =3
It also depends on the national averages that determine which composite scores are assigned to which AP grades, so yeah... >.< Thanks for the confidence/motivation though.  ^_^

Java

Anyone else take AP Bio yesterday and/or AP Psych today?

I know I bombed AP Bio.
AP Psych, on the other hand, I feel like I passed, but I didn't do as well as I wanted to do.

Allegory

I took AP Bio last year and did better than I thought, but I don't think I am taking another AP class again.

Keeta

AP classes are for kids who feel superior when it comes to school matters, wind up getting poopty grades in it, and still brag about being in a more advanced class.

I was forced into taking AP Calculus and found it unrealistically easy.

Probably because basic derivatives and integrals take no thinking or effort.
Majora's Mask Single Segment: 2:04

Other things to brag about: none

Cornwad

Bragging gets you more money, I don't see what you're complaining about.

Missingno6

Quote from: Anberlin on March 28, 2010, 09:27:30 PM
AP US History this year. It's a total joke.
What do you know?! A PUSH was hell for my sister.
I think AP/IB/Whatever is just more work for the same amount of credits.
Pokemon Platinum FC: 3610 3031 1498

RX-78-2

Quote from: Keeta on May 22, 2010, 09:03:12 AM
AP classes are for kids who feel superior when it comes to school matters, wind up getting poopty grades in it, and still brag about being in a more advanced class.
I know what you mean, but not all of us are pretentious dicks that brag about it. Besides, I got good grades in my AP classes. Many of my classmates did as well. The way I see it, you take AP classes to look better for colleges. That's why I took them anyway.

On a side note, as it stands, I'll be taking AP US History 2 next year. Is it really that hard? Dare I ask "why" if it is?
I dunno hao 2 put imgs heer :(

****************Mack was here******************

Cornwad

US History is awesome, unless your teacher was a borderline commie like mine was and you need to read Howard Zinn's deranged ramblings.

But anyway, AP classes are fun now that the tests are over.

RX-78-2

Quote from: Cornwad on May 26, 2010, 05:13:13 PM
But anyway, AP classes are fun now that the tests are over.
True that. I'm pretty sure that--in short--we've been doing nothing now. In Government and Politics, we watched All the President's Men (a great movie--actually) and then had a group project to do over a long time. We might eventually watch that Frost and Nixon movie.

As for English, we're still doing work... but it's just reading a short play and some creative/easy essays.

I feel like I go to school for nothing now. It's great.

Rayquarian

Quote from: RX-78-2 (TerribleFrog) on May 26, 2010, 05:41:57 PM
True that. I'm pretty sure that--in short--we've been doing nothing now. In Government and Politics, we watched All the President's Men (a great movie--actually) and then had a group project to do over a long time. We might eventually watch that Frost and Nixon movie.

As for English, we're still doing work... but it's just reading a short play and some creative/easy essays.

I feel like I go to school for nothing now. It's great.
My school just decided to not even bother the seniors after the AP test.  We got out May 12th if we're exempt from our finals and 13th-14th if we had to take them.

RX-78-2

Quote from: The MOB on May 26, 2010, 09:38:52 PM
My school just decided to not even bother the seniors after the AP test.  We got out May 12th if we're exempt from our finals and 13th-14th if we had to take them.
I'm actually thinking about trying for all A's next year--and therefore, (nearly) all exemptions from exams. AP Statistics with an undesirable teacher says otherwise, however...  D:

I think my school does something similar though. We probably just take exams later than your school did.

Nine 1 One

Freshman Year - AP Human Geography got a 5
sophomore year - i took bio and world still waiting to get the scores

and this year/summer i am taking environmenntal science, psychology, american history, and english lang.

senior year thinking about , physics, chemistry, stat, calc, gov, english probably not chem

Jayat

No, but I know a lot of people who faild at my old school because they started AP starting close to school almost being over

Click here to level up my card!

Wii 8713-9036-0212-2272