News:

<+Clu> Silverhawk79 is just wrong for me

Main Menu

The Demo TCG: Looking for Card Creators

Started by Dog Food, August 21, 2009, 12:16:24 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Dog Food

Quote from: MagnumSonic on August 22, 2009, 12:04:59 AM
I like the Pokemon set idea, but don't make it a starter. Save it for later as an entire set you come out with. Make items like Sun Stone that can evolve certain Pokemon if you have the evolved form card.
And, kill the Kirby set. Kirby is way too overpowered against anything. The moment I see a nice Character or hero card, I can steal it and attack you for massive. Or get your best defense. Save him for later and make him a tournament win, but let me keep mine.
Another thing you can do is if, say, Charmander beat Link, if you have the card, you can then evolve it into Charmeleon, and into Charazard. But I have to repeat myself and say that I don't think your stars should reset if you do that. Keep em but maybe reset your defense up. MAYBE!

Like I PM'ed you, I think there should be a difference between Equip, 1 time use, or Interrupt. Something like Screw attack should be 1 time use, Megatton hammer an Equip(A f'n good one at that) and Interrupt with Mirror shield and only 1 time. Also, I time use for everything in the same match. Even if you have 2 of the same.
Okay, yeah, they have to kill a card in order to evolve. Also, the stars won't reset, but stronger characters usually have more stars, so they might get a star or two added to make up for it. If you had two stars, lost one during battle, and you evolve into something with three stars, you will get one star back and be up to two stars again, which is still better than being back at three.

I'll definitely be making different Item cards. Item cards that protect your character from items or damage for a few turns, items that prevent opponent from attacking or using items, items that can only be used one turn... All of that will be added. And I'll most likely incorporate that Defend or Attack option as well.
I get obsessively manic over things. It's a problem.

Magnum

Quote from: Dog Food on August 22, 2009, 12:11:12 AM
Okay, yeah, they have to kill a card in order to evolve. Also, the stars won't reset, but stronger characters usually have more stars, so they might get a star or two added to make up for it. If you had two stars, lost one during battle, and you evolve into something with three stars, you will get one star back and be up to two stars again, which is still better than being back at three.

I'll definitely be making different Item cards. Item cards that protect your character from items or damage for a few turns, items that prevent opponent from attacking or using items, items that can only be used one turn... All of that will be added. And I'll most likely incorporate that Defend or Attack option as well.
Sweet, this is looking really great. One last thing, don't rush it. I sure I speak for everyone when we say this is like a game. We might complain that it's taking a long time but we don't really care as long as it's great. Unless your name is Nayrman, then you just complain because it's your gosh darn right.

Oh Vesperia, never change... never change

Dog Food

Quote from: MagnumSonic on August 22, 2009, 12:14:19 AM
Sweet, this is looking really great. One last thing, don't rush it. I sure I speak for everyone when we say this is like a game. We might complain that it's taking a long time but we don't really care as long as it's great. Unless your name is Nayrman, then you just complain because it's your gosh darn right.
Well just from that one match I've gotten some ideas and will probably go through and edit and fix and add as soon as I get the chance next. The good thing is cards are relatively easy to make and fix up (besides the part where I add the text and "interesting facts", that's a pain in the ass), so with a little more work I should have a decent amount to start with.

Magnum

Quote from: Dog Food on August 22, 2009, 12:22:40 AM
Well just from that one match I've gotten some ideas and will probably go through and edit and fix and add as soon as I get the chance next. The good thing is cards are relatively easy to make and fix up (besides the part where I add the text and "interesting facts", that's a pain in the ass), so with a little more work I should have a decent amount to start with.
Speaking of Cards, I was wondering if you could change them a little bit. Could the text either be bigger or could you make the attack and defense float in the middle left/right of the card in bigger letters? I have bad eye sight so I can't read it all too well? Please?

Oh Vesperia, never change... never change

Matt

I challenge JNFS2014. :D

Dog Food

Quote from: MagnumSonic on August 22, 2009, 12:30:20 AM
Speaking of Cards, I was wondering if you could change them a little bit. Could the text either be bigger or could you make the attack and defense float in the middle left/right of the card in bigger letters? I have bad eye sight so I can't read it all too well? Please?
That'd make cards easier to make, since right now the text I'm using needs to be done by hand letter by letter. I'll see what I can do.

Quote from: Rambo on August 22, 2009, 08:14:25 AM
I challenge JNFS2014. :D
When you're battling, try out the new Defense strategy. You can either choose to attack or defend, defending will make the person's next attack damage by half it's original power.

Matt

Quote from: Dog Food on August 22, 2009, 10:06:27 AM
That'd make cards easier to make, since right now the text I'm using needs to be done by hand letter by letter. I'll see what I can do.
When you're battling, try out the new Defense strategy. You can either choose to attack or defend, defending will make the person's next attack damage by half it's original power.

Hm, what exactly do you mean? If someone attacks one card, am I allowed to use another to to take it place or something? Like...

One card attacks a card with 4 defense while the attacking card is 6 attack, and I redirect to a card with 7 defense? idk confused :3

Spam

I challenge  Big Brother a.k.a. Light.

Water ☮

I wish I had seen this sooner! This seems like a lot of fun!

I hope to try it out when the demo is over. :)

jnfs2014

Gimme a couple minutes. My brain hurts from last night. Did the Impossible Quiz on Addicting Games and beat it. :D

Dog Food

Quote from: Water ☮ on August 22, 2009, 11:35:29 AM
I wish I had seen this sooner! This seems like a lot of fun!

I hope to try it out when the demo is over. :)
I'm letting pretty much anyone join it now. The more the merrier. But I'm currently going through my cards and testing out new fonts, so maybe I'll wait and test out my new versions on you.

Quote from: Matt on August 22, 2009, 11:09:58 AM
Hm, what exactly do you mean? If someone attacks one card, am I allowed to use another to to take it place or something? Like...

One card attacks a card with 4 defense while the attacking card is 6 attack, and I redirect to a card with 7 defense? idk confused :3
No, but I might make items that you can use that allow you to redirect hits.

What I mean is, it's your turn and you have a card that is weaker than your opponent and will die in the next hit, so you choose to Defend. This way, you'll only take in half the damage and will have another extra turn to maybe use an item card to save yourself or bring out another character card to save your dying one.

Matt

Quote from: Dog Food on August 22, 2009, 01:10:29 PM
No, but I might make items that you can use that allow you to redirect hits.

What I mean is, it's your turn and you have a card that is weaker than your opponent and will die in the next hit, so you choose to Defend. This way, you'll only take in half the damage and will have another extra turn to maybe use an item card to save yourself or bring out another character card to save your dying one.

Alright, I understand now. Whenever you're ready JNFS, you have the first move.

jnfs2014

I'll start it off

Matt

I'll play my Mario Card and Attack your GF Trooper

And I'll use my Bottle Card

jnfs2014

I play

and Attack your Mario with both of my cards.