News:

ASSUMING DIRECT CONTROL.

Main Menu

The Demo TCG: Looking for Card Creators

Started by Dog Food, August 21, 2009, 12:16:24 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Dog Food

Quote from: MagnumSonic on August 21, 2009, 09:12:08 PM
I know I'm late, but I want to play. I'm an avid card game player ;)
Oh, what the hell, why not? This is just a demo, remember, and will only last a week or two until I finally put up the real thing.
I get obsessively manic over things. It's a problem.

Magnum

I challenge Dog Food, so that people can see how it's done(I hope)

Oh Vesperia, never change... never change

Dog Food

Quote from: MagnumSonic on August 21, 2009, 10:15:44 PM
I challenge Dog Food, so that people can see how it's done(I hope)
Okay, I've been hoping to test out this format. Let's do a 3 Kill battle, I'll start. If you have any objections, just say so. Also, because I didn't give myself a random set of cards, I'll be using the Zelda starter deck for this match.

My first move:

Magnum

Quote from: Dog Food on August 21, 2009, 10:35:00 PM
Okay, I've been hoping to test out this format. Let's do a 3 Kill battle, I'll start. If you have any objections, just say so. Also, because I didn't give myself a random set of cards, I'll be using the Zelda starter deck for this match.

My first move:

Item turn, Copy Link

Attack Link for 8 (Am I doing it right?)

Dog Food

Quote from: MagnumSonic on August 21, 2009, 10:54:13 PM

Item turn, Copy Link

Attack Link for 8 (Am I doing it right?)
That gets rid of one of my stars and my defense is now at 4.

I'll use the Bottle to stop Kirby's ability (bringing him back to 1, 1), and I'll finish him off with Link.

Magnum

Quote from: Dog Food on August 21, 2009, 10:58:42 PM
That gets rid of one of my stars and my defense is now at 4.

I'll use the Bottle to stop Kirby's ability (bringing him back to 1, 1), and I'll finish him off with Link.
:| I thought Kirby stayed as that form after he changed.

Item:None because of Bottle
I finish Link off. Can you use items?

Dog Food

Quote from: MagnumSonic on August 21, 2009, 11:00:50 PM
:| I thought Kirby stayed as that form after he changed.

Item:None because of Bottle
I finish Link off. Can you use items?
No, I can't use items either. And the first turn of the Bottle item is up, two more turns left.

And I'll attack ZSS, bringing your defense to 2.

Magnum

Quote from: Dog Food on August 21, 2009, 11:04:04 PM
No, I can't use items either. And the first turn of the Bottle item is up, two more turns left.

And I'll attack ZSS, bringing your defense to 2.
Alright, tell me if this turn is really wrong, I didn't see a rule against it.

I send out Mario
Item:None
Attack Epona for 11 with both Mario and ZSS. Down to 1 star and 5 Defense

Light

I'd like to sign up for this demo as well.
Holy crap all my sigs were always poop. Best leave this space alone.

Dog Food

Quote from: MagnumSonic on August 21, 2009, 11:07:04 PM
Alright, tell me if this turn is really wrong, I didn't see a rule against it.

I send out Mario
Item:None
Attack Epona for 11 with both Mario and ZSS. Down to 1 star and 5 Defense

And I'll finish off ZSS with Epona and Zelda. One more turn left for the Bottle.

Quote from: Big Brother on August 21, 2009, 11:09:47 PM
I'd like to sign up for this demo as well.
Okay, expect your cards delivered as fast as my computer can go.

Magnum

I attack Zelda for 6. She dies with 1 star. 1 turn left with bottle still.

Dear god, Zelda stuff has a Fairy for an Item. God dam it I think I might lose this if you pull something like that out.

Dog Food

Quote from: MagnumSonic on August 21, 2009, 11:16:18 PM
I attack Zelda for 6. She dies with 1 star. 1 turn left with bottle still.

Dear god, Zelda stuff has a Fairy for an Item. God dam it I think I might lose this if you pull something like that out.
Actually that's a card I'm planning on making eventually.

And, now that the bottle is finished, I'll use this item: on Epona, and finish off Mario.

I think that is 3 kills, so game over.

Now that you've tried out a fight, send me some suggestions/comments/feedback so I can fix this TCG before I create the finalized version. But from what I've seen, there was really only one problem, and that's Kirby. I still need to figure out exactly how it's going to be played.

Do you think when the Item Bottle is used, that Kirby should be stopped from changing abilities, or should lose any abilities whatsoever? That goes for any item, actually. Should the Bottle stop any new items, or stop all effects of current items?

Magnum

Quote from: Dog Food on August 21, 2009, 11:26:00 PM
Actually that's a card I'm planning on making eventually.

And, now that the bottle is finished, I'll use this item: on Epona, and finish off Mario.

I think that is 3 kills, so game over.

Now that you've tried out a fight, send me some suggestions/comments/feedback so I can fix this TCG before I create the finalized version. But from what I've seen, there was really only one problem, and that's Kirby. I still need to figure out exactly how it's going to be played.

Do you think when the Item Bottle is used, that Kirby should be stopped from changing abilities, or should lose any abilities whatsoever? That goes for any item, actually. Should the Bottle stop any new items, or stop all effects of current items?
Yeah, that Item bottle was overpowered. But I think you should keep it like that, but make it a rare card. Make a system for it. I personally play Magic:The Gathering, and I think it has a good system.
Common Crap: 1
Uncommon Better: 2
Rare: 4
Godly Lol this card killz you: 8

Something like that would work. If someone wins a tournament or something, they get a good card such as Item Bottle. Make a Reward system where if someone wins a regular math, they get a booster pack with 1 person, 1 item, or whatever, and give them a certain percent chance of getting a Common, Uncommon, Rare, or Godly.

Also, Kirby = Uncommon. That Ability is beast. You need to make a setback for it. Not just Item Bottle, but something, because that is way too good. "Lol, nice 8 6, think I'll take it" You'd been boned had it not been for Item Bottle.
I'll PM you some of my other ideas. I'm getting into this.

Dog Food

Quote from: MagnumSonic on August 21, 2009, 11:34:15 PM
Yeah, that Item bottle was overpowered. But I think you should keep it like that, but make it a rare card. Make a system for it. I personally play Magic:The Gathering, and I think it has a good system.
Common Crap: 1
Uncommon Better: 2
Rare: 4
Godly Lol this card killz you: 8

Something like that would work. If someone wins a tournament or something, they get a good card such as Item Bottle. Make a Reward system where if someone wins a regular math, they get a booster pack with 1 person, 1 item, or whatever, and give them a certain percent chance of getting a Common, Uncommon, Rare, or Godly.

Also, Kirby = Uncommon. That Ability is beast. You need to make a setback for it. Not just Item Bottle, but something, because that is way too good. "Lol, nice 8 6, think I'll take it" You'd been boned had it not been for Item Bottle.
I'll PM you some of my other ideas. I'm getting into this.
I'm wondering if I should get rid of the Kirby Starter Deck and remake one for Pokemon instead. That way Kirby can be saved as a special card you need to buy, or win in a Tournament.

Also, for Pokemon, I'm going to make it so that if you want their evolved form, you need a special item to use first. What item should that be? Or is this a bad idea altogether?

Oh, and the Reward System I have for this TCG is a betting system. You can bet money, cards, or whatever else, and winner takes all. People watching the matches can also bet on a winner, and win money that way to buy more cards.

Magnum

Quote from: Dog Food on August 21, 2009, 11:55:06 PM
I'm wondering if I should get rid of the Kirby Starter Deck and remake one for Pokemon instead. That way Kirby can be saved as a special card you need to buy, or win in a Tournament.

Also, for Pokemon, I'm going to make it so that if you want their evolved form, you need a special item to use first. What item should that be? Or is this a bad idea altogether?
I like the Pokemon set idea, but don't make it a starter. Save it for later as an entire set you come out with. Make items like Sun Stone that can evolve certain Pokemon if you have the evolved form card.
And, kill the Kirby set. Kirby is way too overpowered against anything. The moment I see a nice Character or hero card, I can steal it and attack you for massive. Or get your best defense. Save him for later and make him a tournament win, but let me keep mine.
Another thing you can do is if, say, Charmander beat Link, if you have the card, you can then evolve it into Charmeleon, and into Charazard. But I have to repeat myself and say that I don't think your stars should reset if you do that. Keep em but maybe reset your defense up. MAYBE!

Like I PM'ed you, I think there should be a difference between Equip, 1 time use, or Interrupt. Something like Screw attack should be 1 time use, Megatton hammer an Equip(A f'n good one at that) and Interrupt with Mirror shield and only 1 time. Also, I time use for everything in the same match. Even if you have 2 of the same.