News:

ASSUMING DIRECT CONTROL.

Main Menu

The Demo TCG: Looking for Card Creators

Started by Dog Food, August 21, 2009, 12:16:24 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Dog Food

I'm in the middle of creating a TCG for, hopefully, this site. As I've stated, I'm reviving my brother's old TCG that was popular back on Oldsider. I've created all the starter decks and have all the rules and how to play figured out, but now I want to test my cards and game play in action. I need at least two people, no more then six, to help me out. I'll PM you a randomized deck and create a new thread with the important information of how to play in it, then you can test out the cards in battle.

As you play, you can give me suggestions and/or feedback so I know what is going well and what needs to be fixed. If you test for me and then join my official TCG later, I will have a gift awaiting you.

Any takers?
I get obsessively manic over things. It's a problem.

Matt

Seems like this could be fun, I'll help you test.

Dog Food

Quote from: ChunkeyMunkey on August 21, 2009, 12:19:49 PM
Seems like this could be fun, I'll help you test.
Thanks. Now I just need a few more people so I can get a variety of opinions.

Spam

I can be a tester also if you wish.

Dog Food

Quote from: Spam on August 21, 2009, 05:04:26 PM
I can be a tester also if you wish.
That'd be great.

One or two more people would be even better.

jnfs2014

Dog Food

Triforce_Luigi

Kaso

Dog Food

Quote from: Triforce_Luigi on August 21, 2009, 05:56:23 PM
I'll do it.
Quote from: Kaso on August 21, 2009, 05:59:18 PM
I'll try.

Great success.

If anyone else wants to fill in the last spot, there's still time. Meanwhile, you five can wait excitedly for your cards and the topic for you to play.

SkyMyl

I'll take a crack at it.

...just give me a week. >_>

Dog Food

Quote from: SkyMyl on August 21, 2009, 06:03:19 PM
I'll take a crack at it.

...just give me a week. >_>
As long as you can get in one battle, or just read over the rules and decide if it's easy enough for you to understand, then your participation will be greatly appreciated.

Okay, since I'm doing Big Brother and can't post any new topics right now, you'll find everything you'll need to know in this thread. You can battle here, as well. If you enjoyed this practice run, then come back when I create the real thing. If you didn't like it, then tell me the problems so I can fix it.

Everything you'll need to know can be found here:

How to Kick Ass

Every card has Attack, Defense, and Star stats. The Attack and Defense stats are fairly obvious, located at the bottom of the card with a number indicating its power. The Star stat is located over the picture of the character, shown as a number of stars. These stars can also be considered your HP.

Basically, your Attack stats show how much you can hit by. You compare it with your opponent's Defense stats. If the Attack is the same as your opponent?s Defense, then the hit will get rid of one star. Once all of your opponent?s character?s stars are depleted, that character is dead. If your Attack is higher than the opponent?s Defense, then you have to take that into account. For example, if your Attack is seven, and their Defense is three, then one attack would destroy two of their stars. If they only had two stars, then that character is dead in one hit. If your Attack is lower than your opponent?s Defense, then you?ll have to attack a few times to dwindle their Defense to zero. For example: If your Attack is three and your opponent?s Defense is seven, it will take three hits in order for them to lose one star.

Turns

On your turn you can do these things:
Send out a Character
Use an Item
Attack. You attack once per Character.

One full turn is you, and then your opponent. Back to you is the beginning of the second turn.

Types of Battles

Kill Battle: In this battle, you must kill a certain amount of your opponent?s Character cards to win. An example: In a 3 Kill Battle, you must kill three of your opponent?s Character cards before they do it to you in order to win.

Time Battle: In this battle, you must finish it within a certain amount of time (which the participants can decide amongst themselves), and whoever killed more by the end is deemed the winner.

All-Out Battle: You play until one person kills every single one of their opponent?s Character cards.

Card Limit Battle: In this battle, you can limit amount of cards used or ban some cards altogether. You may get rid of the use of Item cards, limit to only three Character cards used overall, or only allow one Fusion Character. Basically, you can mix and match to your choosing here. The only thing you can?t do is ban Character cards, you must be able to play at least one. NOTE: This kind of battle would have to go along with one of the above three types of battles because a way to win is not specified.

Default: 3 Kill, 72 hour time limit, no item limit battle. (This means that someone has to reach three kills within 72 hours, or it is a draw. Also, there is no item limit, so you can use as many items as you want.).

There are some things that you won't be doing that is part of the TCG: Betting, shopping, or using Fusion cards. Anyway, now that you know the basis of how things work, take your cards and fight. I'll watch your matches and tell you if you're doing anything wrong. Enjoy, testers.

Spam

SO do we start right here right now?

Dog Food

Quote from: Spam on August 21, 2009, 07:56:02 PM
SO do we start right here right now?
Yep. Challenge someone to a battle. You can play any of your cards (except Fusion cards which require a little more work - Fusion cards have the dog bowl and bone logo combined in the corner).

I'll be moderating, and maybe even play a match.

Magnum

I know I'm late, but I want to play. I'm an avid card game player ;)

Oh Vesperia, never change... never change