News:

ASSUMING DIRECT CONTROL.

Main Menu

Japanese D/P Mystery Gift and Wii connectivity

Started by bluaki, June 26, 2008, 07:12:35 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

bluaki

Anyone know the Mystery Gift password for Japanese DS games? Direct translations won't do me any good, of course, so don't just type "EVERYONE HAPPY WI-FI CONNECTION" in Google Translate/Babelfish.

I want to use Mystery Gift with my Japanese Diamond game since I play it more than my English one (don't ask why) and so I can get more copies of event stuff.

Also, is there any way to connect my Japanese game to an English Pokemon Ranch or Battle Revolution? Whenever I try, the DS game's main menu never shows a fourth button for connect to wii. I have Action Replay DS if it helps but I doubt such a code has been made.

Before anyone asks:
I know that the Wii games display Japanese symbols fine since I've transferred a Japanese Pokemon to English Diamond then to PBR and Pokemon Ranch
My DS/Wii are not broken in sense of wireless communications. I can transfer Pokemon from my English Pokemon Diamond game to the Wii fine.
I don't know whether American Mystery Gifts will work with the Japanese game even after I enter the right password since the Wii connectivity doesn't work.
The only English games my Japanese Diamond will communicate with to my knowledge are Diamond and Pearl. No Wii or GBA games work with it.
No, I'm not a freak/weeaboo that should just stop bothering with Japanese games D:

JrDude

So THAT'S How I can get event pok?mon, Mystery Gift!
Now how do I get Mystery Gift on English/American Pearl?
[move][/move]
Dude .

bluaki

Quote from: JrDude on June 26, 2008, 08:03:07 PM
Go to the town you get the watch in.
Enter the TV station place.
Go to the second floor.
Talk to some person that accepts a phrase.
The two American passwords are "EVERYONE HAPPY" and "WI-FI CONNECTION"
Save

ThePowerOfOne

:O   Haven't seen you in a loooong time. I still don't know if your a guy or girl...

And I have no idea how to solve your problem D:

JrDude

Quote from: bluaki on June 26, 2008, 08:24:02 PM
Quote from: JrDude on June 26, 2008, 08:03:07 PM
Go to the town you get the watch in.
Enter the TV station place.
Go to the second floor.
Talk to some person that accepts a phrase.
The two American passwords are "EVERYONE HAPPY" and "WI-FI CONNECTION"
Save
Third floor, and THANKS!
Also, I can't BELEIVE this...
I wanted to get the Darkrai event and failed with "interaction" and not knowing of Mystery Gift, I went and got a Action Replay DS... I GOT IT YESTERDAY!... If only you asked this a day earlier >.<
Ah well, at least I have Manaphy, Shaymin, and Arceus too...
[move][/move]
Dude .

THEEVILSPERKY

I'm in the same boat as Bluaki.. I've played my Japanese Pearl more than my English Diamond and I'd like to unlock Mystery Gift as well.. just.. clueless about how to...

Maybe Serebii Forums can help?  If you find out anything Bluaki, post it here so we know you figured it out.. and so you can share it with me too. ^_^

If I figure anything out, I'll post it here of course.
NES, SNES, N64, GCN (Jet Black), PQ (JPN), Wii, GBP (Clear), GBC (Green x2), GBASP (x2 Cobalt, x1 NES), DSLite (Black), SG3, SDC (x1 BIG, x1 Clear black top, solid grey/beige bottom), PS (x2), PS2 (Slim, Silver), PS3 (NTSC 60GB upgraded to 500GB), PSP 2000 (Silver, 4GB), XBox360 Elite

bluaki

Quote from: THEEVILSPERKY on June 27, 2008, 01:11:20 AM
I'm in the same boat as Bluaki.. I've played my Japanese Pearl more than my English Diamond and I'd like to unlock Mystery Gift as well.. just.. clueless about how to...

Maybe Serebii Forums can help?  If you find out anything Bluaki, post it here so we know you figured it out.. and so you can share it with me too. ^_^

If I figure anything out, I'll post it here of course.
http://bulbapedia.bulbagarden.net/wiki/Mystery_Gift#Generation_IV

It shows all languages, other than Korean.
Japanese passwords are みんな    ハッピー and Wi-Fi    つうしん
If you can't see the symbols, look up Hiragana and Katakana in Wikipedia to change this to Japanese symbols:
(hiragana) mi-n-na (katakana) ha-tsu-pi-dash (English) Wi-Fi (hiragana) tsu-u-shi-n
Pressing Select shows the words catagorized by first letter/symbol, but they're all hiragana so you'll click the hiragana "ha" to get to the second word. You will click the exclaimation mark for English words like Wi-Fi.

I've already tried and Japanese Mystery Gift doesn't work with American Pokemon Battle Revolution's Pikachu, Magmar final form, and Electabuzz final form (I don't know their names).

THEEVILSPERKY

Okay, I'll have a go at activating Mystery Gift and see if I can connect at GameStop for a Deoxys.. that'll be interesting.

I don't know their final forms either, haha.  Either we've hit our limit for remembering so many Pokemon or this generation is lacking in some sense to a point we aren't as attached or something.. hmm..
NES, SNES, N64, GCN (Jet Black), PQ (JPN), Wii, GBP (Clear), GBC (Green x2), GBASP (x2 Cobalt, x1 NES), DSLite (Black), SG3, SDC (x1 BIG, x1 Clear black top, solid grey/beige bottom), PS (x2), PS2 (Slim, Silver), PS3 (NTSC 60GB upgraded to 500GB), PSP 2000 (Silver, 4GB), XBox360 Elite

bluaki

Quote from: THEEVILSPERKY on June 28, 2008, 10:03:00 PM
Okay, I'll have a go at activating Mystery Gift and see if I can connect at GameStop for a Deoxys.. that'll be interesting.

I don't know their final forms either, haha.  Either we've hit our limit for remembering so many Pokemon or this generation is lacking in some sense to a point we aren't as attached or something.. hmm..
I went to Gamestop just after posting that, and it doesn't work with the Japanese game.
I still got it of course since I have an English version too.

The only English things that the Japanese games seem to be able to connect to is the English Diamond and Pearl. Pokemon Battle Revolution (both uploading box pokemon to the Wii and for Mystery Gift), Ranch, US wireless events, and the US GBA games are incompatible with the Japanese Diamond/Pearl games.