News:

<+Clu> was cute sure but it doesnt even mention homosexuality

Main Menu

"E3" 2008.

Started by Tupin, May 15, 2008, 06:31:40 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Zovistograt

Well, I'll be checking out all three press conferences as possible, just like last year.  The Sony one was so good last year that I'm actually looking forward to that more than the Nintendo one.  And I don't even like Sony.
"I lovat a gabber.  I could listen to maure and moravar again.  Regn onder river.  Flies do your float.  Thick is the life for mere." - James Joyce (Finnegans Wake, page 213)

Tupin

Quote from: Nayrman on May 15, 2008, 06:50:20 PM
Quote from: Tuppyluver1 on May 15, 2008, 06:47:16 PM
Quote from: Nayrman on May 15, 2008, 06:42:13 PM
Quote from: Tuppyluver1 on May 15, 2008, 06:38:12 PM
Quote from: Darklink on May 15, 2008, 06:35:51 PM
Yay, more Wii *Insert something here such as Fit, Play, or Sports* s***.

I wouldn't be surprised if they pulled out another Zelda game. Hopefully not another s***ty remake.
Of course, there's a possibility of other things.

A new Kid Icarus has a decent chance of being announced.

And of course, the one thing that would NEVER happen: A Harddrive.
Don't even get me started on hardrives and the like. It took THREE YEARS to get a DECENT ONLINE CONNECTION from Nintendo!
Heaven forbid they should make practical use of things gamers WANT...(they're too busy catering to the four year olds and old people to notice).

Sorry if I've been sounding harsh, but besides Brawl i've had NOTHING origional to play on my Wii this year...(I've already played Okami)
Get Boom Blox.

What are the two USB ports for, Nintendo?

Iwata, it's not just a small group of people that are running out of space. EVERYONE is. Even the casual gamer who just download My Life as a King on WiiWare and is confused why they can't save their Wii Fit data.
One half gig isn't enough for jack crap these days. I have a FLASH DRIVE that is 1G and is smaller than my FINGER!
and I transfer all games I don't play anymore into an SD card so I don't run out of room. Thank goodness the N64 is cartridge or else Mario 64 alone would take up the entire space.

Boom Blox? Que?

The USB ports are for show. Nintendo never uses practical technology remember? (cartridges for N64, UMD discs for Cube...etc.)
Either that, or the LAN adapter.

Here's Boom Blox, it's awesome: http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=TpMkCF3AdMY

The GCN used MiniDVDs. UMDs are for PSPs.

They are kind of honoring Gunpei Yokoi, who believed in "practical usage of whithered technology".

Quote from: SkyMyl
Tuppy frightens me with his knowledge of legacy technology.

Nayrman

Quote from: Zovistograt on May 15, 2008, 06:54:05 PM
Well, I'll be checking out all three press conferences as possible, just like last year.  The Sony one was so good last year that I'm actually looking forward to that more than the Nintendo one.  And I don't even like Sony.
I'll be checking Sony's as well. Hooray for LittleBig Planet and FFXIII!

Tuppy: Mini-DVD, UMD, whatever...both are highly impractical...
E...A...?...EA?! *ducks and covers*

Triforceman22

Quote from: Nayrman on May 15, 2008, 06:52:30 PM
Quote from: Triforceman22 on May 15, 2008, 06:49:59 PM
Things I think that'll be reavealed:

New Zelda Wii game-revealed Nintendo never reveals a Zelda game unless hardware sales are suffereing or a system launch Nintendo already stated that a New Zelda game will be announced by the end of the year. You never know....

Sonic Unleashed video and new info Game is gonna suck...remember that I think this game has potential.

Banjo Kazooie Nuts and Bolts new info Rare fails at everything now pretty much... 

New Kid Icarus- revealed plz for the love of god! yes god plz.

Things I hope are anounced:

New StarFox game ARWING ONLY PLZ! on foot gameplay can kiss my ass.

New Kirby Game It's been almost NINE YEARS! Squeek Squad...

New F-Zero game Let Sega make it again GX was awesome

Confirmation of smash bros. 4. (JK) Just do Brawl with fixed online and I'm happy...GIVE THE GAME SOME SERVERS! yes, and a few more Stages and characters plz.

MGS4 going on the Wii. (yeah, I wish.... dang the Wii and it's low graphics..) Blu Ray discs can't handle this game....like a normal DVD-R can X_X;; True....
I'll just watch MGS4 on the internet...

looky above

looky above also.

QuoteRobotnik: GET A LOAD OF THIS!!!!!!!!

JrDude

New Kid Icarus (Brawl Pit style) game would be cool.
New Zelda game would also be cool (I also think that TP was not a failed attampt to re-create OoT).
New Star Fox game I hope.
New Kirby game that isn't racing please!
New F-Zero game I kinda hope.
[move][/move]
Dude .

Tupin

Quote from: Nayrman on May 15, 2008, 06:56:33 PM

No, this time it's different!  :)

Steven Spielberg made it.

Seriously Nintendo, do something at your conference that isn't just tooting your own horn and announcing another game in the Wii ____ series. Announce Kid Icarus Wii. Confirm Kirby on the Wii. Make MOTHER come to the USA.

Throw me a bone Nintendo.

Nayrman

Quote from: Triforceman22 on May 15, 2008, 06:58:08 PM

New Zelda Wii game-revealed Nintendo never reveals a Zelda game unless hardware sales are suffereing or a system launch Nintendo already stated that a New Zelda game will be announced by the end of the year. You never know.... Nintendo hasn't kept promises before (Brawl by end of year, "We're serious about online", etc.)

Sonic Unleashed video and new info Game is gonna suck...remember that I think this game has potential. So did Sonic Next-GEn and look how that turned out. I'll just wait for Sonic RPG...at least thats from a creidble developer

Banjo Kazooie Nuts and Bolts new info Rare fails at everything now pretty much... 

New Kid Icarus- revealed plz for the love of god! yes god plz.

New StarFox game ARWING ONLY PLZ! on foot gameplay can kiss my ass.Hell, just remake Star Fox 64 with good graphics and I"ll be happy X_X;;

New Kirby Game It's been almost NINE YEARS! Squeek Squad... Squeek Squad failed. I mean like KSS or Nightmare in Dreamland GOOD

New F-Zero game Let Sega make it again GX was awesomeHellz yea

Confirmation of smash bros. 4. (JK) Just do Brawl with fixed online and I'm happy...GIVE THE GAME SOME SERVERS! yes, and a few more Stages and characters plz.Just fix online please. WHY does MK get more attention than Brawl!?

MGS4 going on the Wii. (yeah, I wish.... dang the Wii and it's low graphics..) Blu Ray discs can't handle this game....like a normal DVD-R can X_X;; True....
I'll be playing it :D

looky above

looky above also.
dur...above

Nayrman

Quote from: Tuppyluver1 on May 15, 2008, 07:01:05 PM

Seriously Nintendo, do something at your conference that isn't just tooting your own horn and announcing another game in the Wii ____ series. Announce Kid Icarus Wii. Confirm Kirby on the Wii. Make MOTHER come to the USA.

The last time Nintendo threw us a bone was releasing Majora's Mask two years after OoT...
We're never going to get Mother, or some of the good FE's, or many other japan only goodies....

Tupin

Quote from: Triforceman22 on May 15, 2008, 06:58:08 PM

New Zelda Wii game-revealed Nintendo never reveals a Zelda game unless hardware sales are suffereing or a system launch Nintendo already stated that a New Zelda game will be announced by the end of the year. You never know....If so, it will come out at the END of the Wii's lifecycle.

Sonic Unleashed video and new info Game is gonna suck...remember that I think this game has potential. And like all SEGA games made after 2001, it won't live up to it.

Banjo Kazooie Nuts and Bolts new info Rare fails at everything now pretty much...  Vehicular platforming=meh

New Kid Icarus- revealed plz for the love of god! yes god plz. YES

New StarFox game ARWING ONLY PLZ! on foot gameplay can kiss my ass. yup

New Kirby Game It's been almost NINE YEARS! Squeek Squad... A platformer on a CONSOLE.

New F-Zero game Let Sega make it again GX was awesomeHave a second party make it.

Confirmation of smash bros. 4. (JK) Just do Brawl with fixed online and I'm happy...GIVE THE GAME SOME SERVERS! yes, and a few more Stages and characters plz. yep.

lol, no

looky above

looky above also.
Look at the italicized.

The Seventh

Quote from: JrDude on May 15, 2008, 06:58:37 PM
New Zelda game would also be cool (I also think that TP was not a failed attampt to re-create OoT).
I thought Kirby Air Ride was a pretty good game.

But where is the love for Metroid?  I mean, seriously!  I want to know what happened to Samus after Metroid Fusion!
Or at least get my hands on something VERY similar to Metroid 2 so I could technically "own" all the games.

But, yeah.  I am hoping for a new F-Zero game.  I really hope they'll improve greatly on all the (great) features in F-Zero GX and possibly add some new features that'll make my day.
meh

Tupin

Quote from: Nayrman on May 15, 2008, 07:04:04 PM
Quote from: Tuppyluver1 on May 15, 2008, 07:01:05 PM

The last time Nintendo threw us a bone was releasing Majora's Mask two years after OoT...
We're never going to get Mother, or some of the good FE's, or many other japan only goodies....
It won't appeal to the casuals, you know.  ;)

Nayrman

Quote from: red7js on May 15, 2008, 07:05:43 PM

But where is the love for Metroid?  I mean, seriously!  I want to know what happened to Samus after Metroid Fusion!
Or at least get my hands on something VERY similar to Metroid 2 so I could technically "own" all the games.

But, yeah.  I am hoping for a new F-Zero game.  I really hope they'll improve greatly on all the (great) features in F-Zero GX and possibly add some new features that'll make my day.
WHy no Metroid love? Cuz the japanese don't like Metroid and everyone knows Nintendo only cares about Japan X_X;;
Make next F-zero a TAD easier (good gawd story on Very Hard was INSANE), track editor and online and I"ll be SO HAPPY!

Tuppy: Of course it won't appeal to casuals....its actual GAMING. Heaven forbid Nintendo should cater to the people who actually play games. I think we're lucky we even have online at all...
whatever, I'll just enjoy Brawl until something comes out....

Tupin

Quote from: Nayrman on May 15, 2008, 07:09:04 PM

WHy no Metroid love? Cuz the japanese don't like Metroid and everyone knows Nintendo only cares about Japan X_X;;
Make next F-zero a TAD easier (good gawd story on Very Hard was INSANE), track editor and online and I"ll be SO HAPPY!

Tuppy: Of course it won't appeal to casuals....its actual GAMING. Heaven forbid Nintendo should cater to the people who actually play games. I think we're lucky we even have online at all...
Me too, it should be easy to pick up but SUPER HARD to master.

Like the SNES/N64 version, I liked those but GX was WAAAAY too hard.

Nayrman

Quote from: Tuppyluver1 on May 15, 2008, 07:13:45 PM
Quote from: Nayrman on May 15, 2008, 07:09:04 PM

Me too, it should be easy to pick up but SUPER HARD to master.

Like the SNES/N64 version, I liked those but GX was WAAAAY too hard.
I beat Story Mode mission 7 (F-Zero Grand Prix) on Very Hard by: (lets see) .253 seconds 0_0;;
I got lucky as SH*T in that run...

LinkXLR

Quote from: Darklink on May 15, 2008, 06:41:01 PM
Quote from: LinkXLR on May 15, 2008, 06:39:20 PM
Quote from: Darklink on May 15, 2008, 06:35:51 PM
Yay, more Wii *Insert something here such as Fit, Play, or Sports* s***.

I wouldn't be surprised if they pulled out another Zelda game. Hopefully not another s***ty remake.
Remake?

And also, just saying, but TP wasn't that bad. Just not as good.

ohmiGAWDMETALGEEEEEEEAR.

Try telling me with a straight face that TP wasn't a huge attempt to make a new OoT that inevitably failed.
It wasn't. Honestly now.

That's me. :D ^

Also, join the Steam Nsider group for maximum fun.
Steam ID: KarthXLR