News:

<+Clu> Silverhawk79 is just wrong for me

Main Menu

A glitch theory of mine.

Started by Shujinco2, December 19, 2007, 05:18:21 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Shujinco2

Alright, this is a pokemon glitch. It is nothing but a theory so far, but hopefully, it can become more. It's something I thought up, where you can get the perfect moveset.

I have a DS, a GBA and two Leaf Green versions, but I can't link them together, so I need YOUR help with this issue! Are you willing to help?

Alright, here is what you need:

1. A Smeargle with the move Sketch.
2. Any pokemon with Mirror Move or Mimic
3. Other pokemon containing moves you want on the perfect moveset.
4. At least 8 Big Mushrooms (Or whatever you need to give the Move Tutor to make you relearn moves.)

Step 1: Go into a SINGLE battle. Have your Smeargle on one side, and your Mirror Move/Mimic equiped pokemon on the other. (We'll call this side poke 1, to save time.)

Step 2: Have Smeargle use Sketch. After Smeargle uses Sketch, have Poke 1 use Mirror Move/Mimic. By Theory, Mimic would Mimic Sketch, allowing you to have it during the match, and Mirror Move would Mirror Move Sketch, ultimatly ending in you Sketching Sketch and then having sketch in your move pool.

Step 3: After poke 1 gains Sketch, switch Smeargle with another pokemon with a desired move that you want in your prefect moveset. Have that pokemon use that move, and have poke 1 use sketch on it.

Step 4: You should now have the move you wanted. Get out of the battle, go to the move tutor, and make Smeargle relearn Sketch, and poke 1 relearn Mimic/Mirror Move. (DON'T deleat the move you just got!)

Step 5: Repeat steps 1-4 until you have completed your perfect moveset!

If somebody could help me check to see if this glitch works, I would VERY MUCH appreciate it!

When you do it, just post the results here or PM me them. And try not to spread this around too much if it really works! I wanna surprise my friends!

WiinolikePS3

I'll try, but I can't do it until friday. If it works...

That'll be sweet. WAIT. How will this work? In link battles, sketch isn't perminent.

However, I think I've already found out the issue. It requires Emerald.

Using Emerald, catch a Smeargle, since they're in heavy supply. Next, do Data Swap with the game with the Smeargle. When you do this, make sure the team is as follows:

Smeargle with ONLY Sketch, as well as a Quick Claw so it SHOULD go first. If not, you don't really need to worry, you can just re-data swap so you don't have to wait a whole day between battles.

Your second poke should have ONE of the moves in your dream-moveset. Delete ALL other moves off of that poke, except for that one move.

With this team data-swapped, it's ready for battle.

Mimic/Mirror Move Sketch, then defeat the Smeargle.

Now, since the second poke only has one move, the one you want, use Sketch then, while fighting the second poke.

This way, it requires two games in the RSE generation. I've got your kinks worked out, and I'd love to try them on friday. I'll let u know how it works out. I'd like to do it NOW, but my parents won't let me play video games until friday, even if I don't have any homework.

Shujinco, I've got it down. This plan can't possible fail... I think we've got the LEGIT way to get ANY move in the game.

HOWEVER...

The only way for it to work is to get a pokemon with Mimic. Unfortunately, you have to do it on a 1-3rd gen poke, and you can only do it once, as Mimic can only be obtained by a move tutor in Safferon, I belive. Or, a poke with mirror move...

Regardless, any poke with Mirror Move or Mimic can get ANY move in the game, supposedly, from my method.

Imagine. Mew can get ANY. ANY move in the game. Not just TMs, but ANY. ANY MOVE! It's the ultimate pokemon with this glitch!!! It really makes me happy that I have two legit Mews now... :)

Shujinco2

Quote from: WiinolikePS3 on December 19, 2007, 06:23:34 PM

That'll be sweet. WAIT. How will this work? In link battles, sketch isn't perminent.

Using Emerald, catch a Smeargle, since they're in heavy supply. Next, do Data Swap with the game with the Smeargle. When you do this, make sure the team is as follows:

Smeargle with ONLY Sketch, as well as a Quick Claw so it SHOULD go first. If not, you don't really need to worry, you can just re-data swap so you don't have to wait a whole day between battles.

Your second poke should have ONE of the moves in your dream-moveset. Delete ALL other moves off of that poke, except for that one move.

Now, since the second poke only has one move, the one you want, use Sketch then, while fighting the second poke.

This way, it requires two games in the RSE generation. I've got your kinks worked out, and I'd love to try them on friday. I'll let u know how it works out. I'd like to do it NOW, but my parents won't let me play video games until friday, even if I don't have any homework.

Shujinco, I've got it down. This plan can't possible fail... I think we've got the LEGIT way to get ANY move in the game.

HOWEVER...

The only way for it to work is to get a pokemon with Mimic. Unfortunately, you have to do it on a 1-3rd gen poke, and you can only do it once, as Mimic can only be obtained by a move tutor in Safferon, I belive. Or, a poke with mirror move...

Regardless, any poke with Mirror Move or Mimic can get ANY move in the game, supposedly, from my method.

Imagine. Mew can get ANY. ANY move in the game. Not just TMs, but ANY. ANY MOVE! It's the ultimate pokemon with this glitch!!! It really makes me happy that I have two legit Mews now... :)
And just wait and see what I'll do to my Fearow!

And Alakazam! :)

Hmm, what would be a good moveset for Fearow?

Mind Reader
Guillotine
Earthquake
Flamethrower

YEAH! That sounds GREAT!

WiinolikePS3

Quote from: Shujinco on December 19, 2007, 06:28:43 PM

HOWEVER...

Mind Reader
Guillotine
Earthquake
Flamethrower

YEAH! That sounds GREAT!

*goes to guide and looks for cool pokes that can learn Mimic*

Hehe, I'm gonna start an army of killer pokes with freaky moves.

Alakazam with Psycho Boost will PWN.

Shujinco2

Quote from: WiinolikePS3 on December 19, 2007, 06:36:53 PM

HOWEVER...

Mind Reader
Guillotine
Earthquake
Flamethrower

YEAH! That sounds GREAT!

:-\

Never heard of it.

WiinolikePS3

Quote from: Shujinco on December 19, 2007, 06:40:21 PM
Quote from: WiinolikePS3 on December 19, 2007, 06:36:53 PM

HOWEVER...

Mind Reader
Guillotine
Earthquake
Flamethrower

YEAH! That sounds GREAT!

:-\

Never heard of it.
Powerful, EXTREMELY powerful psychic attack that only Lugia and Deoxys can learn. There are probably much better and more creative applications for the glitch, but that sounded cool to begin with.

I gtg, but I'll start looking through my guides to see if there are any pokes that could be amazing with the right moves.

JrDude

[move][/move]
Dude .

WiinolikePS3

I tried it, but I didn't prepare well enough- I forgot to give Smeargle the Quick Claw, and I used Mirror Move first. Smeargle sketched Mirror Move, so when I used Mirror Move AGAIN, I just used Mirror Move on Mirror Move, and the attack failed.

I think Mimic is easier to use, because in order to use Mirror Move, the Smeargle needs to be faster than the poke that you're using. If the Smeargle is faster, than that must mean the poke you try to get your move on is fairly weak, so it'll be hard to sketch the ideal move... Mimic is probably the best way to do this. I didn't teach anything Mimic yet, mostly because I can only do it twice, (One in FR and one in LG, without restarting...) and I don't want to waste it on a mere experiment.

If someone can give me a good, cool idea, I'd be glad to try it tomorrow. Remember, what I need is a good move combo on a cool pokemon.

Shujinco2

Quote from: WiinolikePS3 on December 20, 2007, 06:12:56 PM
I tried it, but I didn't prepare well enough- I forgot to give Smeargle the Quick Claw, and I used Mirror Move first. Smeargle sketched Mirror Move, so when I used Mirror Move AGAIN, I just used Mirror Move on Mirror Move, and the attack failed.

I think Mimic is easier to use, because in order to use Mirror Move, the Smeargle needs to be faster than the poke that you're using. If the Smeargle is faster, than that must mean the poke you try to get your move on is fairly weak, so it'll be hard to sketch the ideal move... Mimic is probably the best way to do this. I didn't teach anything Mimic yet, mostly because I can only do it twice, (One in FR and one in LG, without restarting...) and I don't want to waste it on a mere experiment.

If someone can give me a good, cool idea, I'd be glad to try it tomorrow. Remember, what I need is a good move combo on a cool pokemon.
Can't you catch an Alkazam or Kadabra with Mimic?

And if that isn't the case, mirror move would most likely be the better choice.

But I wonder what would happen if I had a Ditto that transformed into a Smeargle and used Sketch on a move. *Ponders*

WiinolikePS3

Quote from: Shujinco on December 20, 2007, 07:10:21 PM
Quote from: WiinolikePS3 on December 20, 2007, 06:12:56 PM

Can't you catch an Alkazam or Kadabra with Mimic?

And if that isn't the case, mirror move would most likely be the better choice.

But I wonder what would happen if I had a Ditto that transformed into a Smeargle and used Sketch on a move. *Ponders*
Lol, I moved the actual method into another thread, plz discuss there  :D