News:

ASSUMING DIRECT CONTROL.

Main Menu

What are you listening to?

Started by RedRaider, September 26, 2007, 02:05:19 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Zovistograt

"アーティフィシャル・チルドレン" - miko

this is a good song...I just wish the katakana title would be supported by the Zune.  But no, on the Zune it's called squaresquaresquaresquaresquaresquaresquaresquaresquaresquaresquaresquaresquare.
"I lovat a gabber.  I could listen to maure and moravar again.  Regn onder river.  Flies do your float.  Thick is the life for mere." - James Joyce (Finnegans Wake, page 213)

Java

Quote from: Phaze on September 19, 2008, 05:59:25 PM
Quote from: Riosan on September 19, 2008, 05:00:18 AM
Us and Them - Pink Floyd

Quote from: Phaze on September 17, 2008, 03:59:31 PM
wtf is wrong with you people?

You're right, we should all just delete our music collection and listen to Soulja Boy 24/7.
Don't be such a drama queen.

I just can't believe you all listen to such old music.
Since when is listening to old music a bad thing?

Also, how is Madonna old?
She was popular in the 80's...

Silly_Penguin

Leva's Polka - Loituma

Quote from: Java_Java on September 19, 2008, 09:17:01 PM
Us and Them - Pink Floyd

You're right, we should all just delete our music collection and listen to Soulja Boy 24/7.

Since when is listening to old music a bad thing?

Also, how is Madonna old?
She was popular in the 80's...
Exactly. In fact some (if not most) of the best rock out there is when you would consider "old". But just because something is old, doesn't diminish it's quality ^^

Zovistograt

Quote from: Silly_Penguin on September 20, 2008, 05:57:06 PM
Leva's Polka - Loituma
Salivili hipput tipput tapput aaput tipput hilijalleen~
"I lovat a gabber.  I could listen to maure and moravar again.  Regn onder river.  Flies do your float.  Thick is the life for mere." - James Joyce (Finnegans Wake, page 213)

Silly_Penguin

Quote from: Zovistograt on September 20, 2008, 06:17:07 PM
Quote from: Silly_Penguin on September 20, 2008, 05:57:06 PM
Leva's Polka - Loituma
Salivili hipput tipput tapput aaput tipput hilijalleen~
:D

Empty Spaces and now Young Lust - Pink Floyd

Matt

Us and Them - Pink Floyd

I can't believe you don't. Sorry but you need better music tastes if you think such of The Beatles and Pink Floyd.

"I Am The Walrus" by The Beatles

Kaz

Us and Them - Pink Floyd

Age doesn't detract from musical quality. And there are modern bands still cranking out tunes that sound decades old.

And furthermore, if you ever hope to gain a good understanding of rock music, you need to expand and listen to where it started, where it used to shine, and where it still lives.

I personally maintain that every decade starting with the 50s has something of value to rock.

"Los Angeles, I'm Yours" by The Decemberists
Quote<+Mithos> My mom grounded me for being gay.

Matt

Quote from: Kaz on September 21, 2008, 01:38:13 AM
Us and Them - Pink Floyd

Age doesn't detract from musical quality. And there are modern bands still cranking out tunes that sound decades old.

And furthermore, if you ever hope to gain a good understanding of rock music, you need to expand and listen to where it started, where it used to shine, and where it still lives.

I personally maintain that every decade starting with the 50s has something of value to rock.

My guess is he gained his music tastes off GH or RB.

"I Still Remember" by Bloc Party

Java

Quote from: `Matt` on September 21, 2008, 02:57:54 AM
Quote from: Kaz on September 21, 2008, 01:38:13 AM
Us and Them - Pink Floyd

My guess is he gained his music tastes off GH or RB.

"I Still Remember" by Bloc Party
Even then, many of the songs on there are over a decade old.

ThePowerOfOne

Jeez. You guys sure are touchy about music. I never said anything was wrong about listening to old music. It just seems like thats ALL you listen too. I listen to all music, new or old, just not all the time. And sorry, but the Beatles suck. I almost ripped my ears out the first time I heard them >_>

And btw Matt, i've never played GH or RB. I just prefer newer music, ya little emo bastard.

Disturbia - Rihanna. Heard it once, now its stuck in my head @_@  Only decent song she has made.

Zovistograt

Quote from: Phaze on September 21, 2008, 11:55:14 AM
Jeez. You guys sure are touchy about music. I never said anything was wrong about listening to old music.
ok, going for the "you misunderstood me I'm considerate of people's opinions" angle
Quote from: Phaze on September 21, 2008, 11:55:14 AMAnd sorry, but the Beatles suck. I almost ripped my ears out the first time I heard them >_>
...and then you went for the "nah I am really opinionated in the wrong way, you can still hate me" angle.

Also, Don't Stop the Music is also decent, I can't deny.  Good to pop'n lock to, just as Disturbia is.

ThePowerOfOne

Quote from: Zovistograt on September 21, 2008, 01:37:01 PM
Jeez. You guys sure are touchy about music. I never said anything was wrong about listening to old music.
ok, going for the "you misunderstood me I'm considerate of people's opinions" angle
Quote from: Phaze on September 21, 2008, 11:55:14 AMAnd sorry, but the Beatles suck. I almost ripped my ears out the first time I heard them >_>
...and then you went for the "nah I am really opinionated in the wrong way, you can still hate me" angle.

Also, Don't Stop the Music is also decent, I can't deny.  Good to pop'n lock to, just as Disturbia is.
...I swear to god you people are impossible. I'm not going for any "angle". Hate me or like me, I really couldn't care less. Listen to what you want, I don't give a poop, I just said you all listen to old music. I'm just saying you should try some newer music instead of The Beatles and Pink Floyd, which seems like the only thing everybody here listens to. Goddarn.

Kaz

Jeez. You guys sure are touchy about music. I never said anything was wrong about listening to old music. It just seems like thats ALL you listen too. I listen to all music, new or old, just not all the time. And sorry, but the Beatles suck. I almost ripped my ears out the first time I heard them >_>

And btw Matt, i've never played GH or RB. I just prefer newer music, ya little emo bastard.

Disturbia - Rihanna. Heard it once, now its stuck in my head @_@  Only decent song she has made.

You have to realize that the majority of music in general is "old" considering that the past is a lot larger than the present.

And honestly, you're the main one being touchy here. I just typed out my opinion plainly without criticizing you or anything. You're the one taking it offensively for reasons I don't see.

I personally love The Beatles, but I love a lot of things.

I also personally think it's a little silly to seperate music with age. I don't think of music in terms of age, but rather by genre. I can listen to Led Zeppelin one minute and then The Black Keys the next. They're both the same kind of band (blues-rock), yet one started in the 60s and the other in 2001.

But to each his own of course, I suppose.

"Unfinished Sympathy" by Massive Attack

Good stuff. The 90s were pretty crazy, what with awesome trip-hop acts like Massive Attack and Portishead coming out.
Quote<+Mithos> My mom grounded me for being gay.

Matt

Again with the word Emo? Means nothing but slang faggots like you use to try and insult another person.

"Forever Young" by Youth Group

Java

Take On Me - Aha.
Love this song. ;D

Now I'm listening to "Run (I'm a Natural Disaster)" by Gnarls Barkley.