News:

UH SOMETHING BROKE HANG ON

Main Menu

Any tips to cool down laptop?

Started by Silverhawk79, July 28, 2008, 09:29:24 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Silverhawk79

I've got a dual-core HP laptop, and it's running HOT.
Right now, it says my HDD is at 120 degrees, Core 1 is 145, Core 2 is 147, and the temp. of the air across the fan is 156 degrees. Yikes.
I need tips to cool this sucker down. D:

Tupin

I always put a damp washcloth that's not too wet underneath the battery and fan, it works for a while.

I would recommend getting a snap-on laptop cooler if you don't like the method I do. 

Quote from: SkyMyl
Tuppy frightens me with his knowledge of legacy technology.

Silverhawk79

Quote from: Tuppyluver1 on July 28, 2008, 09:36:27 PM
I always put a damp washcloth that's not too wet underneath the battery and fan, it works for a while.

I would recommend getting a snap-on laptop cooler if you don't like the method I do. 
Wouldn't the moisture start corroding stuff?

BOSSNIG

Quote from: Silverhawk79 on July 28, 2008, 11:05:26 PM
Quote from: Tuppyluver1 on July 28, 2008, 09:36:27 PM

Wouldn't the moisture start corroding stuff?
Yeah, that sounds like the heat would evaporate the moisture and damage the Laptop.
IF U WERE KILLED TOMORROW, I WOULDNT GO 2 UR FUNERAL CUZ ID B N JAIL 4 KILLIN DA MOTHA FUKER THAT KILLED U!
..._.....____________________, ,
....../ `---___________----_____] = = = = = D
...../_==o;;;;;;;;_______.:/
.....), ---.(_(__) /
....// (..) ), ----"
...//___//
..//___//
.//___//

WE TRUE HOMIES
WE RIDE TOGETHER
WE DIE TOGETHER

Riosan

My dad has a laptop cooler thing that he rests it on, and it really works. It makes the underside much cooler.
[21:51]   <Smashin>   No one likes a sad fat kid.
[21:51]   Mystic has left #nsider (Leaving.)

Silverhawk79

Quote from: Riosan on July 29, 2008, 02:21:38 PM
My dad has a laptop cooler thing that he rests it on, and it really works. It makes the underside much cooler.
Yeah, but aren't they like $40? :(
I hate spending money. D:

Zovistograt

put in a liquid cooling system? D:
"I lovat a gabber.  I could listen to maure and moravar again.  Regn onder river.  Flies do your float.  Thick is the life for mere." - James Joyce (Finnegans Wake, page 213)

Psilocybin

Crank up the fans in the bios. Or find some alternate method of doing so.
BTW, your CPU is safe up to 65-70 degrees. Also, core 2 will typically be a few degrees hotter than core 1, nothing to worry about.

Silverhawk79

Quote from: Seven on July 30, 2008, 04:19:30 AM
BTW, your CPU is safe up to 65-70 degrees. Also, core 2 will typically be a few degrees hotter than core 1, nothing to worry about.
I tried, but can't find the option to do so...I'll have to mess with it later.

Omega12

Put a fan right next to where it gets hot. I did it once and it actually cooled down a quite a bit.

Super Hyper Puzzle Gem street fighter 4 the new challengers hyper fighting championchip edition Turbo  3rd Strike Alpha 3 Upper The Movie: The world warrior fighters new generation giant attack The final fight for the future HD Remix EX2010 Online

Psilocybin

Quote from: Silverhawk79 on July 31, 2008, 02:47:40 PM
I have the same problem.
Except my fans are too high. It's like a jet engine D:
I'm still searching for a program to do it, though I may end up doing it with voltages

Silverhawk79

Quote from: Seven on August 01, 2008, 05:50:26 AM
Quote from: Silverhawk79 on July 31, 2008, 02:47:40 PM
I have the same problem.
Except my fans are too high. It's like a jet engine D:
I'm still searching for a program to do it, though I may end up doing it with voltages

Try SpeedFan.