News:

<+Clu> Silverhawk79 is just wrong for me

Main Menu

Skyrim

Started by Zero, November 17, 2011, 08:56:10 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Chris8492

Ok, so i've played through the main quest, many side quests, got full perk for light armor, one handed, two handed, and archery, daedric weapons, and all the special weapons quests completed. One thing about this game, its way too repetitive. I wonder whats in stall for improvements.

Silverhawk79

I feel like co-op or online play would just be people running around abusing FUS RO DAH or making "arrow to the knee" jokes.

jnfs2014

Just borrowed the game yesterday, and it's pretty darn good.

Except for the fact that my follower cannot ride my horse too. :(

Flying Chickens

Quote from: Silverhawk79 on January 30, 2012, 11:08:36 PM
I feel like co-op or online play would just be people running around abusing FUS RO DAH or making "arrow to the knee" jokes.
Yep.

RX-78-2

I know I already said that I just got into Skyrim, but now I think I'm really getting into the swing of things. I still can't play that much because of homework, but I'm making steady progress. I'm level 12 and I've leveled up Stamina every time. I never use high cost spells and I'm just going to get the armor perks so I don't see a point in leveling up Magicka or Health. Besides, my play style needs all the carry weight it can get.

As for perks, I'm working on Heavy Armor, One-handed, Destruction, Restoration, and Archery. I'll eventually get to Sneak, Light Armor, and Block--possibly some more magic schools if I use them enough.

I'm playing as an Imperial by the way.
I dunno hao 2 put imgs heer :(

****************Mack was here******************

BOREDFOREVER

Smithing and enchanting are good to level for any play style.  Smithing would be good for you if your going to do both light and heavy armor.

RX-78-2

I thought about both of those, but--it's not that they're too complicated--they seem like as hassle to get all of the items needed for training and otherwise making use of the skills. I'll probably try Enchanting, but I don't know about Smithing. Maybe when I get even more Carry Weight than I already have.

BOREDFOREVER

Quote from: RX-78-2 on February 08, 2012, 03:22:45 PM
I thought about both of those, but--it's not that they're too complicated--they seem like as hassle to get all of the items needed for training and otherwise making use of the skills. I'll probably try Enchanting, but I don't know about Smithing. Maybe when I get even more Carry Weight than I already have.

Iron daggers.  Buy the poop at the smith (iron ingots and leather, I think), smith it right there, improve it right there, and sell it back.  You'll be making money and increasing smithing at the same time.

Or do them both at the same time.  Fill up some soul gems (petty and lesser work just fine), then go smith, then enchant, then sell back at even better prices.

Then disenchant something with a smithing bonus (not too hard to find), enchant a necklace, ring, and some gloves with improved smithing bonus, and watch the gold roll in and the stats stack up.

There are some even more complicated versions of that system involving ridiculous fortify restoration potions, but the simple plan above worked just fine for me.  Make iron swords with a banish enchantment and you'll be hitting every vendor you can find just to unload one or two at a time.

Chris8492

any of you guys seen this. Bethseda let their game designers go free, letting them do whatever they want to the game, this is a sneak peak at what they've come up with for mods and Possible DLC for the future.
Personally i don't like the killcams, that would get a bit annoying, graphic enhancers would probably be a regular basis update rather than a mod or payed for DLC.

RX-78-2

Quote from: BOREDFOREVER on February 08, 2012, 09:41:39 PM
Iron daggers.  Buy the poop at the smith (iron ingots and leather, I think), smith it right there, improve it right there, and sell it back.  You'll be making money and increasing smithing at the same time.

Or do them both at the same time.  Fill up some soul gems (petty and lesser work just fine), then go smith, then enchant, then sell back at even better prices.

Then disenchant something with a smithing bonus (not too hard to find), enchant a necklace, ring, and some gloves with improved smithing bonus, and watch the gold roll in and the stats stack up.

There are some even more complicated versions of that system involving ridiculous fortify restoration potions, but the simple plan above worked just fine for me.  Make iron swords with a banish enchantment and you'll be hitting every vendor you can find just to unload one or two at a time.
I just learned about this a couple days ago (before I returned to post |:), but thanks. I'll definitely try this.
Quote from: Chris93 on February 16, 2012, 09:50:06 PM
any of you guys seen this. Bethseda let their game designers go free, letting them do whatever they want to the game, this is a sneak peak at what they've come up with for mods and Possible DLC for the future.
Personally i don't like the killcams, that would get a bit annoying, graphic enhancers would probably be a regular basis update rather than a mod or payed for DLC.
I heard about this too. It seems pretty cool and I'm definitely interested. I'd really like some official patches, but who knows if they'd accidentally add more glitches; just look at what happened with the chickens.