News:

<Clu> no nsfcd is basically a ghost town, it should be killed behind fences

Main Menu

Bringing my old Gamecube back into action

Started by Kayo, June 17, 2011, 02:03:51 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Kayo

Face it, the GCN was awesome. So I'm putting it in my room and plan on playing it as much as possible. SO I went out and spent around $60 on 4 classics (found used at gamestop) that I have shamefully never played.

-Legend of Zelda: Twilight Princess
-Metroid Prime
-Super Mario Sunshine
-Luigi's Mansion

Never really got into the LoZ or Metroid series after the 90s and the Game Boy era, so I decided to start there. Was going to get Majora's Mask but I didn't see it there.

Oh, but Metroid Prime only set me back $4. Just thought I'd point it out. Funny story about that, I saw it for such an amazing price and HAD to get it... even though it was in one of those generic Gamestop cases that I really hate. Was a little disappointed about that... until I went to the register to pay and the friendly employee dude went into the back and brought out a BRAND NEW Metroid Prime case... flawless quality, with all the manuals and everything. Love Gamestop for that now.

So yeah, comments on these and suggestions on any other games I should look for. Don't know if I'll have a lot of money, but since I decided to skip out on the 3DS now I have an extra $300 or so to spend, I guess.
I really hate how I've made more than 12,000 posts here. Thankfully this swaying, moving Chandelure makes it all worth it.
[move][/move]

The Riddler

Quote from: Kayo on June 17, 2011, 02:03:51 PM
. Was going to get Majora's Mask but I didn't see it there.
That's because it's a N64 game you intercourse ing tard.

Unless you mean LoZ Collectors Edition. In which case, say that.

DededeCloneChris

Yes, skip on the 3DS right before the Zelda remake is released in two days. It starts getting better from there.

Super

Paper Mario: TTYD is one of my favorite intercourse ing games ever, man. It rapes. I love the Gamecube.

Bearissoslow

good for you

this must've been like a whole Wednesday for you or something

Zero

Quote from: Riddler21 on June 17, 2011, 02:26:56 PM
That's because it's a N64 game you intercourse ing tard.

Unless you mean LoZ Collectors Edition. In which case, say that.

win

Anyway:

Resident Evil 4
Tales of Symphonia
Soul Calibur 2
SNK Vs Capcom 2
Mega Man X Command Mission

I'd suggest more but I'm just assuming you've played everything else that's worth a crap on the Gamecube.

DededeCloneChris

Quote from: Zero on June 17, 2011, 05:52:09 PM
win

Anyway:

Resident Evil 4
Tales of Symphonia
Soul Calibur 2
SNK Vs Capcom 2
Mega Man X Command Mission

I'd suggest more but I'm just assuming you've played everything else that's worth a crap on the Gamecube.
How dare you not mention Mega Man X Collection.

Tupin

Animal Crossing
F-Zero GX
Pikmin
Pikmin 2
Super Smash Bros. Melee
Mario Kart: Double Dash!!
Ikaruga (good luck finding this one)
Metal Gear Solid: Twin Snakes
The Legend of Zelda: The Windwaker (my favorite GCN game)
Donkey Konga
Donkey Kong Jungle Beat
Wave Race: Blue Storm
Sonic Adventure DX
Sonic Adventure 2 Battle
Sonic Gems Collection
Mega Man Anniversary Collection
The Legend of Zelda: Four Swords Adventure

There's more, but I can't remember them now. The GCN was a pretty awesome system.

Quote from: SkyMyl
Tuppy frightens me with his knowledge of legacy technology.

Qsmash

Super Monkey Ball 2 was(and still is imo) a pretty fun game.

Zero

Quote from: MooglePlayerChris on June 17, 2011, 06:14:12 PM
How dare you not mention Mega Man X Collection.

Quote from: Zero on June 17, 2011, 05:52:09 PM

Besides, the PS2 version was superior. GC controller just seems meh for Mega Man.

Neerb

Quote from: Zero on June 17, 2011, 10:07:20 PM
Besides, the PS2 version was superior. GC controller just seems meh for Mega Man.

Meh-ga Man.

Anyway, the Gamecube is the single greatest console ever. Here's just some of the amazingness, with my favorites in bold:

Super Smash Bros Melee
Super Mario Sunshine
Luigi's Mansion
Paper Mario and the Thousand Year Door

Mario Kart Double Dash
Super Mario Strikers
Mario Power Tennis
Donkey Kong Jungle Beat
The Legend of Zelda The Wind Waker
The Legend of Zelda Four Sword Adventures (ESPECIALLY if you can actually get four people playing)
The Legend of Zelda Twilight Princess
Kirby Air Ride
Pokemon Colosseum
Pokemon XD: Gale of Darkness
Metroid Prime
Metroid Prime 2: Echoes
F-Zero GX
Star Fox Adventures
Star Fox Assault (don't listen to the haters; it's good, just really really short)
Pikmin
Pikmin 2
Animal Crossing
Custom Robo
Battalion Wars
Chibi Robo
Sonic Adventure DX Director's Cut
Sonic Adventure 2 Battle

Feel free to choose for the most part, but Wind Waker, Melee, Mansion, Sunshine, Adventure 2 Battle, and Thousand Year Door are irrefutable MUST plays. In fact, I'd like to go back and buy those that I've sold...

Zero

Quote from: Neerb on June 17, 2011, 10:52:50 PM
Star Fox Assault (don't listen to the haters; it's good, just really really short)

Actually, it was terribly mediocre.

Super

Where is the love for Eternal Darkness: Sanity's Requiem? That game is one of the best.

Bearissoslow

Neerb

Quote from: Bearissoslow on June 18, 2011, 02:35:52 PM
sunshine is overrated trash

It's considered the worst of the four 3D Mario games by the vast majority of critics. It can't be "overrated" when most people think it's the worst.

And yes, it was gimmicky, but I personally found the gimmicks enjoyable; FLUDD was really fun to use, and the tropical island locale was a nice change of pace from the Mushroom Kingdom.