News:

<+Clu> have you tried barbecuing the computer

Main Menu

Would you join a TCG?

Started by Dog Food, August 16, 2009, 10:07:15 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Dog Food

There was a successful TCG at Oldsider, and there are some people, including me, who want to see it done here. With staff support there could be tournaments with shiny ranks to win, and of course the chance to collect your own rare cards and show them off to your less worthy friends. You can battle, win more money to buy more cards to shape up your deck, then battle some more, then win more cards and create the ultimate combo, then enter a tournament and try to win some more cash and a rank, then you can repeat the process. Fun, right?

It's a Nintendo TCG, so there will be Nintendo characters for cards. Some third party characters as well if there is high demand for them.

Example of a Card: Mario, and also an item card.

The battling should be pretty basic, but yes the intro thread may involve some reading.

The good thing is the TCG doesn't involve much effort on your part. You can join, not do anything for a while, suddenly decide to do some battles, PM me once in a while for a money or card update, leave without notice and then come back again whenever you feel like it. Your stats will always be there waiting for you.

Anyway, I've only made two out of the possible four starter decks. So if I'm treading in dangerous waters, tell me now.
I get obsessively manic over things. It's a problem.

jnfs2014

I would ask Big Brother, as he knows a lot about it. (But I'm sure you already have)

BirdieOfAces started a few back in 2008, so you could use that as an example too.

Dog Food

Quote from: JNFS2014 on August 16, 2009, 10:09:24 PM
I would ask Big Brother, as he knows a lot about it. (But I'm sure you already have)

BirdieOfAces started a few back in 2008, so you could use that as an example too.
Yeah, I talked to him and Mack. Also, Birdie's my brother, and he's the one who gave me the idea. I'm going to "resurrect" his TCG, but change it in my own way.

jnfs2014

Birdie's your brother!? :O :O :O :O :O :O :O

Dog Food

Quote from: JNFS2014 on August 16, 2009, 10:13:19 PM
Birdie's your brother!? :O :O :O :O :O :O :O
I've been getting that reaction a lot, lately.

jnfs2014

Yeah. I might join.

But tell him to get on NSFCD more often. ;)

Dr.Hobo2

Quote from: Dog Food on August 16, 2009, 10:11:07 PM
Yeah, I talked to him and Mack. Also, Birdie's my brother, and he's the one who gave me the idea. I'm going to "resurrect" his TCG, but change it in my own way.
Awhubadobawhaaaaaaaat!?

...and yes, that was my real reaction.

Anarchy_Jas

This could work as long as it's well organized and- wait, say whaaaa!? BoA's your brother!?2!one!@!!1!!?

Anyways, it could work if it's well kept and you don't go vanishing, and thus preventing it from being active...
"I know they hope I fall, but tell 'em winning is my muthaeffin protocol."

Macawmoses

Haha, seems my reaction is a trend. I can help with card design - I made quite a few for the TCG I never launched with 911's template o.O

Dog Food

Quote from: Rhadamanthus on August 16, 2009, 11:47:45 PM
Haha, seems my reaction is a trend. I can help with card design - I made quite a few for the TCG I never launched with 911's template o.O
Oh, really? PM them to me and maybe I can put them on the card template I made.