The Riddler

Quote from: Gogo on January 16, 2011, 12:19:17 AM
The link

http://nsfcd.com/index.php?action=post;msg=586701;topic=37131.15
  o <-- your head
\|/
  |
/\
Oh wow, the font was intercourse ed up. I didn't even notice it was a link. One moment please whilst I read.

Edit: Yes, that was a limited run and had about an equal amount of wins on either side. If I remember correctly, they were reluctant to do this. Furthermore, they were able to control what happened in their stories. If you make a game out of it, like with any fighting game, certain characters will be favored over others unless there is somehow a perfect balance. There will be tiers, there will be favorites, and neither company wants the other to be the favorite.

Macawmoses

Uh no. Some were predetermined. The rest were decided by the fans. On top of that, they proceeded to do other crossovers after, so I doubt they were that reluctant.

Lotos

Courage?
Ed Edd n Eddy?
How about Robot Jones or Mike, Lu, & Og?

Zero

Those comics weren't as epic as everyone thought they'd be and the outcomes were based solely on popularity but whatever. The Flash is more well known than Quicksilver, Superman more than the Hulk, Aquaman more than Namor, Spiderman more than Superboy, etc. etc.

Either way I'd kill for Capcom to do a Marvel Vs DC game. It'd be pretty sick, I'd imagine.

Neerb

Quote from: Zero on February 21, 2011, 12:30:04 PM
Those comics weren't as epic as everyone thought they'd be and the outcomes were based solely on popularity but whatever. The Flash is more well known than Quicksilver, Superman more than the Hulk, Aquaman more than Namor, Spiderman more than Superboy, etc. etc.

Either way I'd kill for Capcom to do a Marvel Vs DC game. It'd be pretty sick, I'd imagine.

I'm pretty sure most people would agree that Flash is far faster than Quicksilver (or anyone, for that matter) could ever hope to be, not just a matter of popularity, and Superman could likely beat the Hulk through not only his monstrous strength, but the fact that he has many other powers as well. Spider-man beat Superboy, though? THAT shouldn't have even been a fight... Superboy would tear Spider-man to pieces.

Zero

Here we go, bout to go comic geek mode.

If you knew anything about the Hulk, you'd know that fighting him is like fighting Doomsday all over again but worse for Superman. Hulk is immune to heat and wouldn't be affected by his ice breath, hell the only damge Superman could do to the Hulk is through physical combat and even then the Hulk just regenerates. Superman always wears out eventually, and its how he eventually loses to Doomsday-being outlasted.

In the comics where they've fought, it never turns out to a full out brawl not to mention Bruce Banner is usually in control, which means Hulk isn't at full power. Typically they scuffle for a bit, then OH NO LEX LUTHOR and they both team up and intercourse  his day. This typically happens in superhero crossovers, and it even happens in the Spawn/Batman crossover. Spawn and Batman fight for a sec then OH NO villain and they team up. Happens.

As for Quicksilver, he's more or less the Marvel version of the Flash. He has all his powers. Saying the Flash is faster is a sign of DC bias.

As far as Spiderman v. Superboy I can tell you right now that Superboy isn't anywhere near as powerful as Superman. He's about as powerful as Superman was when he was a kid and even then he's a clone so he's slightly weaker than that. You're clearly underestimating Spiderman if you think he can't take on Superboy.

Either way I'm sorry to inform you once again that that entire line of comics was based almost solely on popularity. They literally had fans cast votes. Not sure how much clearer I can be about that.

DededeCloneChris

Quote from: Zero on February 21, 2011, 05:58:55 PM
Here we go, bout to go comic geek mode.

If you knew anything about the Hulk, you'd know that fighting him is like fighting Doomsday all over again but worse for Superman. Hulk is immune to heat and wouldn't be affected by his ice breath, hell the only damge Superman could do to the Hulk is through physical combat and even then the Hulk just regenerates. Superman always wears out eventually, and its how he eventually loses to Doomsday-being outlasted.

In the comics where they've fought, it never turns out to a full out brawl not to mention Bruce Banner is usually in control, which means Hulk isn't at full power. Typically they scuffle for a bit, then OH NO LEX LUTHOR and they both team up and intercourse  his day. This typically happens in superhero crossovers, and it even happens in the Spawn/Batman crossover. Spawn and Batman fight for a sec then OH NO villain and they team up. Happens.

As for Quicksilver, he's more or less the Marvel version of the Flash. He has all his powers. Saying the Flash is faster is a sign of DC bias.

As far as Spiderman v. Superboy I can tell you right now that Superboy isn't anywhere near as powerful as Superman. He's about as powerful as Superman was when he was a kid and even then he's a clone so he's slightly weaker than that. You're clearly underestimating Spiderman if you think he can't take on Superboy.

Either way I'm sorry to inform you once again that that entire line of comics was based almost solely on popularity. They literally had fans cast votes. Not sure how much clearer I can be about that.
Unfortunately, there's no logic in crossover games. Thanks to that, we have Mario randomly fighting a Yoshi on Brawl.

Neerb

Quote from: Zero on February 21, 2011, 05:58:55 PM

I'll concede that Hulk could take Superman down (if he were angry instead of "smart"), but the others don't come close.

Quicksilver is a mutant born with super speed, but he does not have the same level of power as Flash. As it stands, Barry Allen is in full control of the Speed Force, the mystical energy that provides all super speedster their powers, and as such he can literally go as fast as he wants, easily past light speed and through time and dimensions if he wants. Quicksilver, on the other hand, has been shown to be slower than Thor, who at max has only ever gone light speed. The fact of the matter is that there is no hero faster than Barry Allen in Marvel or DC. Wally West or Bart Allen, on the other hand, may be a bit easier for Quicksilver to catch.

Now, about Supes vs Spidey: Superboy is no where near as strong as Superman, true, but he is still very strong, having lifted 100 tons at a time in the past. Spidey, on the other hand, can only lift approximately 10 tons. Spidey might be able to win using his trademark brains and agility to tire Superboy out, but Superboy is unquestionably stronger by a longshot, and the second Superboy got his hands on him, it would be over.

Magnum

Flash vs. Quicksilver from 'Son of M' would have been badass. Flash's Speed Force power against Quicksilver's Time Jumping power.
Honestly, Hulk is unstoppable, even when the Man of Steel tries to fight him. Superman's only chance would be to get rid of the Hulk through some means, not defeat him.

Oh Vesperia, never change... never change

Neerb

Quote from: Magnum on February 21, 2011, 10:05:26 PM
Flash vs. Quicksilver from 'Son of M' would have been badass. Flash's Speed Force power against Quicksilver's Time Jumping power.

That fight would be good, but for what I was talking about, that seems a bit too circumstantial.

Now, it seems I've further derailed this topic, so let's look back:

The series list includes: Ben 10 Ultimate Alien, The PowerPuff Girls, Dexter's Laboratory, Samurai Jack, The Marvelous Misadventures of Flapjack, Codename: Kids Next Door, Chowder, Foster's Home for Imaginary Friends, The Grim Adventures of Billy and Mandy, Johnny Bravo, and Captain Planet.

Well also know that it will have 34 characters.

SOOOO.... I say we turn this thread into a good old fashioned ROSTER SPECULATION THREAD! It'll be like Smash Bros all over again!

Magnum

Quote from: Neerb on February 22, 2011, 07:00:35 AM
That fight would be good, but for what I was talking about, that seems a bit too circumstantial.

Now, it seems I've further derailed this topic, so let's look back:

The series list includes: Ben 10 Ultimate Alien, The PowerPuff Girls, Dexter's Laboratory, Samurai Jack, The Marvelous Misadventures of Flapjack, Codename: Kids Next Door, Chowder, Foster's Home for Imaginary Friends, The Grim Adventures of Billy and Mandy, Johnny Bravo, and Captain Planet.

Well also know that it will have 34 characters.

SOOOO.... I say we turn this thread into a good old fashioned ROSTER SPECULATION THREAD! It'll be like Smash Bros all over again!
Ben 10
Kevin
Blossom/Bubbles/Buttercup (maybe like Ice Climbers)
Mojo Jojo
Dexter
Mandark
Jack
Aku
Don't know Flapjack people
Number 1
Number 5
Father
Don't know Chowder people
Blu
Billy
Mandy
Grim (Boss)
Johnny Bravo
Captain Planet

Oh Vesperia, never change... never change

Zero

Quote from: Neerb on February 21, 2011, 09:41:22 PM
I'll concede that Hulk could take Superman down (if he were angry instead of "smart"), but the others don't come close.

Quicksilver is a mutant born with super speed, but he does not have the same level of power as Flash. As it stands, Barry Allen is in full control of the Speed Force, the mystical energy that provides all super speedster their powers, and as such he can literally go as fast as he wants, easily past light speed and through time and dimensions if he wants. Quicksilver, on the other hand, has been shown to be slower than Thor, who at max has only ever gone light speed. The fact of the matter is that there is no hero faster than Barry Allen in Marvel or DC. Wally West or Bart Allen, on the other hand, may be a bit easier for Quicksilver to catch.

Now, about Supes vs Spidey: Superboy is no where near as strong as Superman, true, but he is still very strong, having lifted 100 tons at a time in the past. Spidey, on the other hand, can only lift approximately 10 tons. Spidey might be able to win using his trademark brains and agility to tire Superboy out, but Superboy is unquestionably stronger by a longshot, and the second Superboy got his hands on him, it would be over.

Ah, but here we go. It gets complicated you see, because in most universes Spiderman is more powerful than his original incarnation. In the current mainstream universe he can lift more than 100 tons, can shoot venom blasts(at one point anyway), regenerates faster, and his reflexes are even faster. You can't hit the intercourse ing guy(though symbiotes and certain frequency emitting devices still intercourse  up his spidey sense). At the time of those comics, he was more than a match for Superboy. Like I said, you're undersestimating Spiderman if you think he can't take on Superboy. It would be a hell of a fight for sure, but its not as in Superboys favor as you might think.

and wat...Quicksilver can jump through time and space just like the Flash can. In the fight between the two it really was an even fight. Have you even read the comics? I'm not necessarily arguing that the Flash is slower than Quicksilver or hell that they're evenly fast, but when push comes to shove Quicksilver put up a hell of a fight. I like the Flash more than Quicksilver myself but in essence, they have the same super powers, regardless of their origin.

Neerb

I have not in fact read the crossover comics, but upon further research, I now see the issue with Flash vs Quicksilver: The Flash from the crossover comics was Wally West, not Barry Allen like I thought it was. Barry Allen is unquestionably faster than Wally or Quicksilver, but as mentioned earlier, Wally would be closer to Quicksilver's power level. Also, the Aquaman vs Namor and Flash vs Quicksilver fights were not among the fights whose outcomes where determined by fans; only a few of the fights were voted on, like Batman vs Captain America.

Anyway, about this Cartoon Network game, I wonder how they'll treat Ben 10. I mean, will he turn into multiple aliens throughout the fight? Or perhaps, will individual aliens be playable as whole characters?

Shujinco2

Quote from: Magnum on February 22, 2011, 11:31:29 AM
Ben 10
Kevin
Blossom/Bubbles/Buttercup (maybe like Ice Climbers)
Mojo Jojo
Dexter
Mandark
Jack
Aku
Don't know Flapjack people
Number 1
Number 5
Father
Don't know Chowder people
Blu
Billy