News:

Change is coming. HOPE CHANGE UNITY

Main Menu

Bowser Jr. Is An Only Child

Started by JrDude, September 22, 2012, 11:07:03 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

JrDude

I was reading a copy of Game Informer, and in the back are some random questions about Mario being asked to Shigeru Miyamoto, and Takashi Tezuka. In it, one of the questions is: "In Super Mario Bros. 3, the Koopalings were supposed to be Bowser's children. But there's also Bowser Jr. Are they all his kids, and are they all his kids, and are they all from different mothers? Is Bowser Jr. a Koopaling?
Miyamoto: "Our current story is that the seven Koopalings are not Bowser's children. Bowser's only child is Bowser Jr., and we do not know who the mother is."

He also says in this that Mario and Luigi have no official last names, they're just Mario and Luigi. They also say everyone in the universe of Mario is one big happy family, or a troupe of actors (like in Popeye, how people change roles in each episode [is the example used by Miyamoto]).

Just thought I'd inform you and possibly crush your dreams.
[move][/move]
Dude .

Neerb

That only child thing was obnoxious, but I don't remember that one big family quote. Could I see that somewhere (not that I don't believe you, I just want to see the exact quote)?

Edit: Never mind, found interview in my online GI.

zephilicious

Quote from: JrDude 益 on September 22, 2012, 11:07:03 PM
They also say everyone in the universe of Mario is one big happy family, or a troupe of actors (like in Popeye, how people change roles in each episode [is the example used by Miyamoto]).
this is the most sensible story nintendo's ever come up with
~~ <3

Neerb

Miyamoto also mentions that Mario is a mostly blue-collar guy, meaning his medical license may not be entirely legitimate (Miyamoto's conclusion, not mine).

Zero

Quote from: Trevelyan on September 23, 2012, 11:33:07 AM
Miyamoto also mentions that Mario is a mostly blue-collar guy, meaning his medical license may not be entirely legitimate (Miyamoto's conclusion, not mine).

lmao

...̅̅̅

Custom

Quote from: Died on September 25, 2012, 05:50:27 PM
I find nothing wrong with this.

this

this is basically how i thought it was in the first place

Quote from: Viewtifulboy on March 11, 2013, 07:28:20 AM
Good job! I, Viewtifulboy, declare you the CHAMPION!

I'm the official winner of the Viewtiful Victory roleplay championship!

Nayrman

Considering this is about Mario story/continuity, it really makes no difference as there's never any effort put into Mario stories at all, but still, as someone who grew up with the koopalings and find their designs more unique, I'm a bit miffed, as Bowser Jr. to me is just an annoying twat that really doesn't add anything to the games regardless of what he's been in. <_<;;