News:

UH SOMETHING BROKE HANG ON

Main Menu

#Calexit

Started by Zero, February 05, 2017, 05:53:51 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Zero

Can we please talk about how irrefutably stupid the state of California is?

Super

Can't be as dumb as the entire South.

PsychoYoshi

I hope that they do go, to be quite honest. Let's see how long the state lasts without any federal subsidy.

If anything, it's hilarious watching the cognitive dissonance, wailing, and gnashing of teeth considering they always get smug about Texas and members of the South that threaten the exact same thing. But they're progressives, so they're on the Right Side of Historyâ„¢ no matter what they do.

Zero

Quote from: Super on February 05, 2017, 02:01:42 PM
Can't be as dumb as the entire South.

They're worse but more or less the same but on opposite ends of the spectrum if that makes sense.

I don't see how anyone can claim the South is worse if they've been to both areas tbqfh. People from Cali are so holier-than-thou it makes me puke.

PsychoYoshi

I just got through spending a year in what is probably the most red county in IL. I already miss it; only reasons I moved back were: a) I missed my family and b) it's hard to attend NP school in the middle of nowhere. Election results were something like 75/25 Trump/Clinton. Number of people who gave a poop that I liked cock: zero. And I'm pretty friggin' open about it if people ask me these days.

Anecdotal evidence, to be sure, but I've always found that it's the left that's most willing to throw you under the bus as a minority. Especially if you have an opinion that doesn't gel with their insufferable virtue signalling.

Tupin

It could actually work.

Quote from: SkyMyl
Tuppy frightens me with his knowledge of legacy technology.

Zero

Quote from: Tupin on February 19, 2017, 01:53:22 PM
It could actually work.

It really wouldn't, my man. I know I know, 6th largest economy and all that. I'll save you the essay: It simply is not enough.

Custom

Quote from: Zero on February 06, 2017, 11:27:15 PM
They're worse but more or less the same but on opposite ends of the spectrum if that makes sense.

I don't see how anyone can claim the South is worse if they've been to both areas tbqfh. People from Cali are so holier-than-thou it makes me puke.
Where did you go to in Cali??? Starbucks?

Quote from: Viewtifulboy on March 11, 2013, 07:28:20 AM
Good job! I, Viewtifulboy, declare you the CHAMPION!

I'm the official winner of the Viewtiful Victory roleplay championship!

Tupin

Quote from: Zero on February 21, 2017, 02:45:57 PM
It really wouldn't, my man. I know I know, 6th largest economy and all that. I'll save you the essay: It simply is not enough.
Honestly California would probably be joined by other parts of the coastal West.

Zero

Quote from: Tupin on February 22, 2017, 08:57:31 PM
Honestly California would probably be joined by other parts of the coastal West.

Not likely my man. Are you one of those people that think the Civil War was fought over slavery? It was fought for economic reasons but mostly to retain the whole Union.

We would go to war. Simple as that. West would lose too. We would all lose.

Zero

Quote from: Custom on February 22, 2017, 08:09:48 PM
Where did you go to in Cali??? Starbucks?

Anaheim. Just one place but left an impression. Doesn't help that people from California online have an inflated sense of importance and generally just act like I mentioned in my previous post. They tend to rep their state and not their City as well, which is different from other states I've lived.

I know you live there and I'm generalizing and all but Asheville North Carolina, where I currently live literally idolizes places like Los Angeles. We're easily the most liberal area in Western North Carolina and frankly its hard to put up with. The Gentrification that ultimately pushes out native residents is a real big problem here and rent is through the roof, there are no jobs, but the problem with the town is white people. Shit like that. Comparing a city to a whole state doesn't really work and I realize that, but poop dude, you'd have to be daft to not see how crazy Californians act online.

Tupin

Just like Texans, I've found. Most states lack a sense of state pride like those two states have, which makes them seem obnoxious to anyone not from them.

Zero

Quote from: Tupin on February 24, 2017, 08:07:18 PM
Just like Texans, I've found. Most states lack a sense of state pride like those two states have, which makes them seem obnoxious to anyone not from them.

Either way its interesting to note. If only simply because these people seem to abhor nationalism of any kind...except for Californian-ism(for lack of a better word).