News:

<+Clu> im 100% nigga

Main Menu

The E3 2012 Info and Discussion Thread

Started by Hero_of_Darkness, May 23, 2012, 01:58:07 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Hero_of_Darkness

It'll be recorded on Nintendo's E3 site anyway.

Don't you care that you're going to miss Microsoft conference for the same reason? :p

Tupin

I have no real expectations for Nintendo this year. They usually have great conferences, except for their 2008 one of course.

Pikmin 3 and Smash seem obvious, though an F-Zero or Star Fox would be awesome.

Quote from: SkyMyl
Tuppy frightens me with his knowledge of legacy technology.

zephilicious

nintendo's had one good conference since the release of the wii (im thinking it was 2010 could be wrong though)
~~ <3

Hero_of_Darkness

Quote from: Tupin on May 24, 2012, 07:09:51 PM
I have no real expectations for Nintendo this year. They usually have great conferences, except for their 2008 one of course.

Pikmin 3 and Smash seem obvious, though an F-Zero or Star Fox would be awesome.
Smash probably won't be there. They only started working on it in February.

Kayo

Quote from: Hero_of_Darkness on May 24, 2012, 07:04:46 PM
It'll be recorded on Nintendo's E3 site anyway.

Don't you care that you're going to miss Microsoft conference for the same reason? :p
That could have been where I saw it ._.

The only one I'm really interested in seeing this year is Nintendo's. I want my darn Luigi's Mansion and Paper Mario already :|
I really hate how I've made more than 12,000 posts here. Thankfully this swaying, moving Chandelure makes it all worth it.
[move][/move]

Zero

Quote from: Hero_of_Darkness on May 24, 2012, 07:37:43 PM
Smash probably won't be there. They only started working on it in February.

Yeah. At most we'll hear a brief mention of it. Hopefully a teaser of some kind.

Hero_of_Darkness

Nintendo made a Wii U Facebook page. Link in OP.

Nayrman

What I plan to hear from each conference:

Microsoft: "Erm, yeah, we're working on the next Xbox, but no way it's coming out this year so... Halo 4! And...more first person shooters."

EA: "Make MOAR generic sports and shooting games!"

Sony: "Someone please buy the Vita! PLEASE!? Oh, and here are some good, interesting games for the PS3 that I'm sure everyone will like, but please buy a Vita!"

Ubisoft: No clue, they're kind of a wild card every year.

Nintendo: "So yeah, here's the WiiU. We're gonna TRY with the internet stuff, but not very hard in terms of gameplay. We mean make it easier for you to give us your money...digitally. Here's tons more Mario and Pokemon. Oh, and Pikmin 3 I guess, since we promised it. But the rest you'll have to wait til later because we want to make money out of the gate, and apparently lack of Mario caused the 3DS bad launch, not it's overpricedness."

Probably gonna be wrong on a lot of things, but pre-show predictions are always kind of silly.

Hero_of_Darkness

Quote from: Nayrman on May 25, 2012, 06:22:07 PM
What I plan to hear from each conference:

Microsoft:

EA: "Make MOAR generic sports and shooting games!"

Sony: "Someone please buy the Vita! PLEASE!? Oh, and here are some good, interesting games for the PS3 that I'm sure everyone will like, but please buy a Vita!"

Ubisoft: No clue, they're kind of a wild card every year.

Nintendo: "So yeah, here's the WiiU. We're gonna TRY with the internet stuff, but not very hard in terms of gameplay. We mean make it easier for you to give us your money...digitally. Here's tons more Mario and Pokemon. Oh, and Pikmin 3 I guess, since we promised it. But the rest you'll have to wait til later because we want to make money out of the gate, and apparently lack of Mario caused the 3DS bad launch, not it's overpricedness."

Probably gonna be wrong on a lot of things, but pre-show predictions are always kind of silly.

Your Microsoft one was WAY off, so I fixed it for you.

Kayo

Quote from: Hero_of_Darkness on May 25, 2012, 08:01:11 PM
Your Microsoft one was WAY off, so I fixed it for you.
Perfect. I don't think I even need to watch theirs now.
I really hate how I've made more than 12,000 posts here. Thankfully this swaying, moving Chandelure makes it all worth it.
[move][/move]

Tupin

I just remembered how horrible the Microsoft conferences are. Why do they demonstrate Kinect so much when no one in attendance or watching it cares about it? I guess it would be five minutes long without it, but at least Nintendo realized that something like the Vitality Sensor doesn't really fit with E3.

zephilicious

because microsoft wants you to care about it. they dont need to show halo to sell halo. this is not complicated.
~~ <3

Tupin

Only a few Kinect games are good, the technology behind it is more interesting than anything developers put out for the most part.

I always joke about Nintendo releasing a new Urban Champion game, which I thought was impossible, but they did release a 3D Classics version of it, so it's always hard to get a feel for what they have planned.

DededeCloneChris

Anything Kinect does benefits humanity more than it will ever hope to benefit video games.

I guess Microsoft should totally stick to computers without the games.

Hero_of_Darkness

Nintendo is holding a Pre-E3 Nintendo Direct tomorrow at 3:00 PM PDT/6:00 PM EDT. The focus will be the Wii U concept/hardware. Click the link to their E3 site in the OP and go to Nintendo's Twitter page for more info.