News:

<+Clu> have you tried barbecuing the computer

Main Menu

does anyone actually see WiiU being successful?

Started by The Riddler, January 07, 2012, 06:25:59 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

...̅̅̅

Hero_of_Darkness

My opinion changed to "probably not." Why?

http://www.neogaf.com/forum/showpost.php?p=35468866&postcount=10922

How did they manage to be stupid enough to start with a good design, but them end up making it worse? This has to be a first.

DededeCloneChris

I don't see much of a difference, really. I'll get used to it regardless.

Hero_of_Darkness

Quote from: NoiseHunterChris on February 26, 2012, 11:29:48 AM
I don't see much of a difference, really. I'll get used to it regardless.
The old one had analog sticks, grips on the sides, and the buttons and D-Pad in more usable positions. The one from E3 is worse in every way.

Zero

People are starting to talk about the Wii U. I mean, normal people that normally don't know what the intercourse  is going on in the industry.

The tablet makes them think "omg futuristic".

I wouldn't be surprised if people really like the darn thing.

Nayrman

I can see the tablet/DS Stylus type of thing working better in games than the Wiimote ever did, at least in conceptual design of games. Traditional controls for us who like them with a touch screen/tablet to shake things up a bit or just be a general use map/item thing like the DS used at points.

X-3

Quote from: Hero_of_Darkness on February 26, 2012, 11:53:27 AM
The old one had analog sticks, grips on the sides, and the buttons and D-Pad in more usable positions. The one from E3 is worse in every way.

Yeah, here's hoping it changes a bit again before E3. I know the Wii remote changed a bit after the TGS it was revealed. Okay maybe I'm delusional.

Hero_of_Darkness

Quote from: X-3 on February 27, 2012, 04:14:16 PM
Yeah, here's hoping it changes a bit again before E3. I know the Wii remote changed a bit after the TGS it was revealed. Okay maybe I'm delusional.
You're not delusional. The Wii Remote did change compared to the Revmote.

http://images.eurogamer.net/assets/articles/a/6/0/9/1/3/a_med_revcontroller.jpg

The GameCube controller went through several prototype designs as well. I expect both the console and the controller to look slightly different at E3 this year.

Also, for the record, I still trust the E3 impressions saying that it was comfortable.

RX-78-2

I agree that there isn't enough known about the console yet. Aside from that fact, I think it'll do okay. As far as I can tell, it probably won't be a flop at least.
I dunno hao 2 put imgs heer :(

****************Mack was here******************

Kayo

I miss the time where you could just hold a thing with buttons to play a console game. No arm-swinging motion controls or looking at a second screen in your lap every now and then.

Those were simpler days.
I really hate how I've made more than 12,000 posts here. Thankfully this swaying, moving Chandelure makes it all worth it.
[move][/move]

Hero_of_Darkness

Quote from: Pennington on March 14, 2012, 11:50:47 AM
I miss the time where you could just hold a thing with buttons to play a console game. No arm-swinging motion controls or looking at a second screen in your lap every now and then.

Those were simpler days.
You should have bought more GameCubes, then. :p I guess you're not looking forward to this.

Silverhawk79

I've heard multiple devs praising the WiiU like mad. I don't have any specific quotes, but so far it's been very well-liked.

Kayo

Quote from: Hero_of_Darkness on March 14, 2012, 02:23:50 PM
You should have bought more GameCubes, then. :p I guess you're not looking forward to this.
I'll definitely get a Wii U (eventually), but I still hold my Gamecube near and dear to my heart.
I really hate how I've made more than 12,000 posts here. Thankfully this swaying, moving Chandelure makes it all worth it.
[move][/move]

Zero

I still need to know how they plan to appeal to core gamers this time around.

Smash Bros using a tablet is going to suck dick

Doodle

We just need a Gamecube controller made specifically for the Wii U
I think they did that for Wii, but it wasn't really pushed
YEAH