News:

<+Ice> i have a dildo factory line run by old women in my garage

Main Menu

Rock Band 3

Started by Eizweir, December 05, 2010, 08:27:39 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Kayo

Quote from: RX-78-2 on June 30, 2011, 01:13:15 AM
Yup. That's the thing about "talkies." You can just... talk. It really is a shame since screamed, shrieked, yelled, and shouted vocals still have pitch. Too bad the games can't accommodate it.

And I know what you mean about the ending on guitar. It's the pinky I tell you! I do like how that's just about the only song in any music game that has that fretting pattern though.
Well you gotta remember that all people scream at different pitches. Some professional singers scream in pitches that are too high or too low for some people.

Also yeah, my pinky doesn't exactly love stretching back and forth like that. I think I'll practice a different fingering so my pinky stays on one button and I use my ring finger as well? My hands are decently large; I can probably manage that.
I really hate how I've made more than 12,000 posts here. Thankfully this swaying, moving Chandelure makes it all worth it.
[move][/move]

RX-78-2

While people do scream at different pitches, the game does accommodate the fact that some people can't manage to exactly replicate the sound, so they accept a certain number of octaves higher or lower. The same goes for singing. What I mean is that harsh vocals should--in most cases--be treated the same way as clean vocals regarding pitch.

Also, I hate to break it to you, but from what I'm making of your proposed alternate fretting pattern, it's not going to work. Are you saying that your pinky will be held down on the orange fret? Because that would make the game recognize only that when you try to play the green notes (according to the highest fret rule). Honestly, I don't see any sort of alternate fretting pattern for this note chart. Good luck with it though.
I dunno hao 2 put imgs heer :(

****************Mack was here******************

Kayo

Quote from: RX-78-2 on July 01, 2011, 01:55:30 AM
While people do scream at different pitches, the game does accommodate the fact that some people can't manage to exactly replicate the sound, so they accept a certain number of octaves higher or lower. The same goes for singing. What I mean is that harsh vocals should--in most cases--be treated the same way as clean vocals regarding pitch.

Also, I hate to break it to you, but from what I'm making of your proposed alternate fretting pattern, it's not going to work. Are you saying that your pinky will be held down on the orange fret? Because that would make the game recognize only that when you try to play the green notes (according to the highest fret rule). Honestly, I don't see any sort of alternate fretting pattern for this note chart. Good luck with it though.
I failed at explaining it, down to saying "ring finger" when I didn't mean that lol.

Index finger on Green, middle finger on red, pinky on orange. I think trying to hit both Red and Green with my index finger was causing strain on my pinky, being stretched so far out there. This way I have one fret per finger so this doesn't happen. By "alternate fretting" i mean fingering. There is no way to do this pattern while holding anything down, so the best i can do is try not to have to move my hand around so much.
I really hate how I've made more than 12,000 posts here. Thankfully this swaying, moving Chandelure makes it all worth it.
[move][/move]

RX-78-2

Fretting, fingering, same difference. Although you must admit that fretting sounds a lot less sexual. =P

But now I understand what you mean. That would definitely work. I've done patterns like that for similar situations and it works like a charm.

On a side note, I've started requesting songs again on RB's official website. atm I'm only requesting songs by The Pretty Reckless, but I'll get to other bands eventually. For those interested, it's very easy (scroll to the bottom for the link), but know that once you request a song, you have to wait a few minutes to try to request another (or even the same one again if you want).
I dunno hao 2 put imgs heer :(

****************Mack was here******************

Kayo

Quote from: RX-78-2 on July 01, 2011, 10:58:36 PM
On a side note, I've started requesting songs again on RB's official website. atm I'm only requesting songs by The Pretty Reckless, but I'll get to other bands eventually. For those interested, it's very easy (scroll to the bottom for the link), but know that once you request a song, you have to wait a few minutes to try to request another (or even the same one again if you want).
I should do that. I got a few songs in mind.
[move][/move]