Started by Neerb, June 10, 2013, 11:00:56 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Neerb

To be updated...

Microsoft
- Xbox One comes out this November for $500
- Metal Gear Solid V: The Phantom Pain coming to Xbox One, looks fantastic
- New games revealed/detailed; Project Spark looks coolest to me
- New KILLER INSTINCT for Xbox One, and NOT made by Rare, which is probably actually a good thing
- Xbox One will have Halo (duh)
- Minecraft: Xbox One edition coming out

Opinion: Microsoft's best E3 in years, maybe ever; lots of actual GAMES, new Rare-based (though not Rare-made) game has people psyched, not bad. Still won't "win," though.

EA
- Plants vs Zombies 3rd-person shooter, "Garden Warfare" (what? actually, I think it looks kinda fun)
- "PEGGLE 2" announcement is probably gonna go down as one of the most awkward moments of this E3
- STAR WARS BATTLEFRONT. HOLY MOLY
- Need for Speed Rivals, and Need for Speed... The Movie?
- Dragon Age: Inquisition
- Titanfall looks cool
- Mirror's Edge 2
- Sports... uuuggghhhh

Opinion: Good. I hate EA as a company, mainly because they're horrible people, but some cool games. Mirror's Edge 2 is something people have been looking forward to, and the mere announcement of Battlefront is unbelievably amazing. Plus, personally, I think Titanfall looks cool. Sports sections bogged it down, though, and Need for Speed the Movie? BLEH.

Ubisoft
- Completely incomprehensible... "trailer?" for Splinter Cell: Blacklist
- Several trailers, not a lot of gameplay, for games like Rayman, Assassin's Creed, and Watch Dogs
- Just Dance 2014? What's with companies wanting awful names for sequels lately?
- Raving Rabbids.. the cartoon... why? Oh, and you can "play" with the show, like when it tells your kids to scream at the top of their lungs or jump in front of the TV... parents will love that.
- The only decent parts of the entire conference are Burnout-like racer "The Crew" and rpg/tactical shooter "The Division," both of which are next-gen console open-world MMOs.

Opinion: Pretty awful for the most part. The Crew and The Division seem cool, but that's it. I think they lost E3. Also, THE HOSTESS SHOULD BE FIRED. SHE'S SO BAD.

Sony
- Console unveiling! It's in italics and 1/4 gloss, 3/4 matte. What the heck is going on.
- Rapid-fire trailer of upcoming PS3 games, including first good gameplay trailer of Arkham Origins
- Rapid-fire trailer of indie games, some of which look cool
- New game called "The Order 1886" or something like that looks interesting... not that there was any gameplay
- PS4 trailers such as Killzone and inFamous look great
- Amazing trailer of Final Fantasy Versu- wait, no, it's been changed to Final Fantasy XV
- KINGDOM HEARTS III OH MY GOSH IT'S IN HD SO PRETTY
- More AC4, but the first decent-lengthed gameplay trailer I've seen
- More Watch Dogs, pretty cool as always
- Mad Max!
- "PS4 supports used games and they don't need constant internet connection" but PS+ is now as mandatory as Xbox Gold
- Destiny gameplay looks like Halo meets Borderlands
- The price! PS4 is $400, putting it 50-100 over the Wii U and 100 under the Xbox One

Opinion: Loved the Sony conference. Not as many new games as other conferences, but Square Enix stuff was great, and Destiny was cool too. Personally I think it was great.

Nintendo
- Pokemon X & Y introduces Fairy Type and "Pokemon-Amie," a Hey You, Pikachu! -style mode
- Super Mario 3D World has a Cat Suit and 4-player co-op using Super Mario Bros. 2 characters/abilities
- Mario Kart 8 has hovercraft
- Bayonetta 2 gives the witch a new look and some gameplay footage
- Wonderful 101 has 5-player, looks fantastic
- X looks AMAZING and is NOT Xenoblade 2
- Wii Party U and Wii Fit U prove Nintendo isn't done with Wii series titles
- Retro's title is Donkey Kong Country: Tropical Freeze, basically DKCR 2
- SUPER SMASH BROS for Wii U/3DS shown off with 3 new characters; it's all so beautiful

Opinion: Easily favorite show of this E3; granted, that's totally biased of me, but it really is a good Nintendo E3

Over All: Best over-all E3 ever.

Spud

Xbox One has Twitch integration. Attack on Titanfall might be cool although I'm not so enthused about it being multiplayer only.

Neerb

Oh my gosh Ubisoft has the same hostess as last year, and she's wearing a shirt that says #girlwood.

Kill me.

Tupin

Raving Rabbids TV show on Nickelodeon.

Can someone tell them it's not 2006 anymore?

Quote from: SkyMyl
Tuppy frightens me with his knowledge of legacy technology.

Neerb

STAR WARS BATTLEFRONT 3 AND KINGDOM HEARTS 3 IN ONE DAY

MY POOR HEART

NINTENDO BETTER BE AMAZING TO EVEN COME CLOSE TO THIS

Tupin

Quote from: SkyMyl
Tuppy frightens me with his knowledge of legacy technology.

Matt

Everything was pretty much expected, but Star Wars Battlefront came out of nowhere as in I had no idea. I'll be anxiously waiting for that game.

Zero

"PS+ is now as mandatory as Xbox Gold"

what.the.intercourse .

no next gen console for me then

Custom

ps4 master race saviors of gaming

Quote from: Viewtifulboy on March 11, 2013, 07:28:20 AM
Good job! I, Viewtifulboy, declare you the CHAMPION!

I'm the official winner of the Viewtiful Victory roleplay championship!

Custom

ff15 looked insane
ps4 thank you gods

zephilicious

man i remember when i was 15 and this poop used to be exciting
~~ <3

Flying Chickens

Quote from: zephilicious on June 10, 2013, 06:00:08 PM
man i remember when i was 15 and this poop used to be exciting

Nayrman

Microsoft: Boring. Oh look, more shooters and sports. Blah. You have a new "not god of war" themed IP? Oh, 80% of the gameplay was QTE's, joy. Halo is just Microsoft's Mario. There's one every year so meh. Too expensive, draconian policies for many things. And their big "surprise" was the B-tier fighting games? Really? Considering what Sony did, dead upon arrival.

EA: Battlefront 3 and Mirror's Edge 2! Woo! Oh wait, more generic racers and SPOHTS LAWL games. EA, no one intercourse ing cares about these at events such as this. Leave them to the idiot jocks who buy it every year despite being essentially DLC. Usual fare for them.

Ubisoft: So much good.... and so much bad. I'm mixed. Rayman looks great, as does Watchdogs and that shooter RPG thing at the end. But Rabbids? UGGGGGHHHHH. More dancing games? BLEEEEEEHHHHHH.

Sony: Thank you so freaking much. No DRM, no always online, region free, cheaper, and a huge focus on helping indies and developers get their stuff out there. Quite a few good looking games (even if nothing blew me out of the water). Many, many, MANY direct pot shots at Microsoft. Game. Set. Match. Xbone is dead.

Spud

Next-gen still sounds completely unappealing.

Custom