News:

<+Ice> i have a dildo factory line run by old women in my garage

Main Menu

Cooking....

Started by dawnwolfNxhoj, June 14, 2010, 02:51:37 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

dawnwolfNxhoj

from what you read from the subject, you can obviously tell that this is a attempt at a cooking thread. through this thread; I'm hoping that we could discuss about cooking tips, recipes, and possible recommendations.  so to start...
does anyone have tips on homemade baking in a desert environment?
i usually don't bake a lot of pastries myself(especially homemade), mainly just roast meats, bake snacks and making casseroles. so does anyone have tips in particular? and especially, a recipe for red velvet cake?
[spoiler]and i'm trying to get a bit more involved with topics considering what i've read through this link
http://nsfcd.com/index.php?topic=30845.msg457488#msg457488 if it'll help, i'll try and be a more active member[/spoiler]

Gwen Khan

I once wanted to be a chef, I went to a crappy school with even crappier 'teachers'

Kayo

I'm Italian, so I cook pasta.

And I do so very well, if I do say so myself.

If you disagree then vaffanculo.
I really hate how I've made more than 12,000 posts here. Thankfully this swaying, moving Chandelure makes it all worth it.
[move][/move]

Chrona

...I make many desserts...I like cooking...since it's something I could do to pass the time before I moved here...

...I'v never made that kind of cake..but I found a recipe for it..if it helps..

http://www.foodnetwork.com/recipes/sara-moulton/southern-red-velvet-cake-recipe/index.html

Jayat

I cook soul food baby

Click here to level up my card!

Wii 8713-9036-0212-2272

2-D

Quote from: DawnwolfNxhoj on June 14, 2010, 02:51:37 AM
and especially, a recipe for red velvet cake?

I believe my mom has one. If I can convince her to give it to me I'll post it XD

ThePowerOfOne

I can cook pretty well. I wanted to be a chef when I was younger, not anymore, but I still like it. I even went to culinary school for a while.

Just let me tell you this, the ability to cook will get you VERY far in a relationship.

BOREDFOREVER

I do all the cooking for my family.  When I want red velvet cake, though, I get the box mix.  The thing I like to do is bake it in two nine inch cake rounds and use cream cheese icing between the layers.

Another desert for the more  . . . adventurous is bacon gooey loaf.  Get a pound of bacon, a stick of butter, a can of buiscuts, and a bottle of real maple syrup.  Cook the bacon and tear it into small chunks (or crumble if you want it crispy).  Melt your butter into the maple syrup in a small sauce pan.  Grab a loaf pan, and layer the bottom with a couple of unbaked buiscuts.  Toss in some bacon and pour some of you maple sauce over it.  Repeat, then layer the top with buiscuts and the rest of your sauce.  Cook at 350 for about ten minutes.  Enjoy.

Kayo

Hmm, my basil plants are growing admirably. In a few days I'll harvest leaves from them and make some Italian pesto.

Also, i made some pizzelle the other day, which are flat Italian cookies. They're DELICIOUS. ^-^
I really hate how I've made more than 12,000 posts here. Thankfully this swaying, moving Chandelure makes it all worth it.
[move][/move]

Java

My dad makes some amazing tortellini with pesto. :)
I want some now...

2-D

My parents are growing some basil too. Along with tomato plants so we can have home made sauce which is THE BEST!

dawnwolfNxhoj

Quote from: Red Engineer on June 22, 2010, 05:34:02 PM
I believe my mom has one. If I can convince her to give it to me I'll post it XD

haha, that'll be great if you can. if you can't, thanks anyway.
Quote from: Chrona on June 18, 2010, 09:22:40 PM
...I make many desserts...I like cooking...since it's something I could do to pass the time before I moved here...

...I'v never made that kind of cake..but I found a recipe for it..if it helps..

http://www.foodnetwork.com/recipes/sara-moulton/southern-red-velvet-cake-recipe/index.html
and thanks for the link to a recipe Chrona.
Quote from: Kianglo on June 23, 2010, 07:10:33 PM
Hmm, my basil plants are growing admirably. In a few days I'll harvest leaves from them and make some Italian pesto[/i].

Also, i made some pizzelle the other day, which are flat Italian cookies. They're DELICIOUS. ^-^
PESTO?! i've been seriously dying to try that! think you could divulge the recipe with me? and a picture of those..., cookies please? to post onto to here? ;-;

and now, time for another recipe request....., anyone know a recipe for homemade Biscuits?

Kayo

Quote from: DawnwolfNxhoj on June 26, 2010, 04:24:19 AM
PESTO?! i've been seriously dying to try that! think you could divulge the recipe with me? and a picture of those..., cookies please? to post onto to here? ;-;

and now, time for another recipe request....., anyone know a recipe for homemade Biscuits?

also, about the pesto, sorry, it's my secret recipe.

[spoiler]2 cups fresh basil leaves, packed <- NOTE: DO NOT USE GROUND/DRIED BASIL LEAVES
1/2 cup freshly grated Parmesano-Reggiano or Romano cheese
1/2 cup extra virgin olive oil
1/3 cup pine nuts
3 medium sized garlic cloves, pressed <-or more if you like garlic
Salt and freshly ground black pepper for taste <- plus a few secret ingredients I won't tell you.

you'll need a food processor. add basil and pine nuts and pulse a few times (push the button in quickly a few times, don't just let it run)
add garlic, pulse a few more
now run the food processor slowly and add the oil. add the cheese and pulse until blended. oh yeah, scrape down the sides of the food processor so it all mixes well.
it makes about 1 cup of pesto that can be refrigerated for up to a week or frozen. When re-serving, warm the pesto to room temperature (don't heat it too much) and serve it on the warm pasta. you really can use any kind of pasta (except anything long and thin, spaghetti, linguine, etc as i think it doesnt work best) but I prefer tube-shaped pasta with ridges, such as ziti rigati or penne.[/spoiler]:U
[move][/move]

Thirdkoopa

I can cook a sandwich!

It'll be the best darned sandwich you've ever had too.
[21:11] <mackormoses> let's take a look at today's stats
[21:11] <Rosencrantz> stats today are high
[21:11] <mackormoses> holy intercourse ing poop
[21:11] <Rosencrantz> you adding all these standards
[21:11] <Rosencrantz> is really pushing us [/quote]
Quote from: JrDude φ on May 31, 2010, 08:32:13 PM
3 of my friends smoke weed. Why? Well I asked one time, and this is what they said: "Because I can blow out smoke and it makes me feel like a intercourse ing dragon"